Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - URGENT - TT 710 - FROZEN - CANT RESET IT!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

URGENT - TT 710 - FROZEN - CANT RESET IT!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RICKT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: URGENT - TT 710 - FROZEN - CANT RESET IT!!! Reply with quote

TT 710 - FROZEN - CANT RESET IT!!!

Every since i put the latest software via TOMTOM the other my item would not turn off, when it went to power off.. it would just restart..

TODAY... went to turn it off and it restarted like always... however now the screen is black, "Black" with light/power ie likes it tunred on just displaying a black screen if you get what i mean...

So tired a reset... wont do anything at all.. removed the SD card.. put power it in it... LED lights green... screen does not change...

is there any way to remove the battery?? or is it just the case of leaving it till ot goes flat and see what happens if anything...

if its completly knacked... hows the best way to get TT to repair it?? the item is only 5 months old..

how long does it normally take TT to do these things??

Many Thanks

Rickt
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try holding the reset switch (its near the power connector under the unit where the mount connects) pressed with a pin for 30 seconds then see what the device does - Mike
RICKT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pressing Reset for about 10 seconds each time.done it about 20 times!! i have just put it onto my docking station, released it and tried again... no joy.........however just held the reset in for 30 seconds and its reset!!! loaded up ok... just doing a few shut downs restarts as we are speaking!!

how strange tho... i would of thought 10 secs was long enough??

(it still hangs for 26 seconds on the green shutdown screen tho!!)

Cheers for that.... from when i stated typing this i have donee about 5 reboots and seem to be ok!!

many thanks

Rickt
RICKT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any one else had issues with version 6.520???

Rickt
biggles150
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hang on the shutdown screen is normal.
GB Map v710.1571
Sandisk ultra II 512MB
RICKT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it shutdown fine before i updated the version tho... i cant understand why TOMTOM would release this knowing shutdown takes longer...

If i renamed the shutdown screen would it close quicker... or i guess it would just hang for the same period of time just without a splash..?

Rickt
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much spare space is left on the card? It may be too full to work correctly. It needs space for temporary files.

Have you deleted any unneeded voices to make more room?

On my Apple Mac, I find that the Trash (recycle bin) is set for each drive separately and it is not deleted on shutdown/removal. You have to physically empty it to release the space taken up on the card by the files you put in it.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
RICKT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im running off a 1GB Scandisk SD card... im not a fan of using the original...like to keep it how it was out of the factory!! (i like to keep it locked away under lock and key at home!!) also if i come to sell the unit its easy with no messing about removing stuff etc...

i have loads of POI's, few voices... (which im going to get rid of but not have chance) well to have about 95 POI's (Europe speed cameras and a load of other boring stuff which i may need one day!! u know how it is!!)

apart from that its pretty much standard.. its just since i updated it the other day to 6.520, it seems to be running like a dog.. (not a greyhound!)

thinking of reverting back a version and take it from there..... however im just intrested to see if any one else has been having issues?

Does any omne know when the next software release is from TOMTOM??

Cheers

Rickt
RICKT
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any omne know when the next software release is from TOMTOM??

Cheers

Rickt
shauneco
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I had simalar issue's with my 2 GB Datawrite SD Card, I had to format it and start again now works perfect and very fast with the latest V6.52 firmware.
coblator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
I HAVE A TOMTOM 710 AND I HAVE FOUND A SPEED CAMERA ICON ON IT THAT SHOULD NOT BE THERE AS IT IS ON A SMAAL SIDE STREET ALSO I HAVE UPDATED IT VIA THE DISC SUPPLIED AND SPEED CAMERAS ARE NO LONGER POIs WHEN THEY WERE POIs YOU COULD CHANGE THE DISTANCE IT WARNED YOU ALSO I DONT SEEM TO HAVE THE MOBILE SITES COMMING UP ON IT FOR SOME REASON IT ONLY PICKS UP GATSOs CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THESE POINTS

THANKS PHIL D
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOP SHOUTING!

Thank you. 8) (oh, and punctuation helps people to understand what you are saying too).

From what you say, ("SPEED CAMERAS ARE NO LONGER POIs") it sounds like you are using TomTom's own camera database rather than the one from this site.

If so, then I'm afraid it is tough - TomTom have changed the way they do their cameras and you now can't change either the distance or the warning sound. No-one who posts on the forums seems to like it. Suggest you e-mail TomTom support and tell them that you don't either.

The alternative is to get the database from here, which still works as POIs.

As for finding a spurious camera icon, you can report that to TomTom too, and if you find one in the PGPSWorld version you report that on the same page as where you download the database from:-
Camera download page (You need to be a registered member before that page will work. £2/month or £19/year).
coblator
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI ANDY
THANKS FOR THE REPLY I DID DOWNLOAD FROM TOMTOM THAT WAS OF THE DISC SUPPLIED AND I WILL E MAIL TOMTOM RE THE ROUGE CAMERA I THINK THESE THINGS ARE SOMETIMES MORE TROUBLE THAN THEY ARE WORTH THANKS FOR THE INFO

REGARDS PHIL D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: