Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nuvi 310 cameras not showing on route
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuvi 310 cameras not showing on route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wallyj439
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 310 cameras not showing on route Reply with quote

I have followed the instructions making sure that the points of interest and camara files were in the same directory before the poi loader set to work and all went well (apparently) but now I have no camera's at all on any of my journeys even though I drive past many that were there before... help?
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What firmware is running on your Nuvi? (Settings, System, About)

What version of POI Loader are you using?

Which speed camera database did you download from here?

Did you unzip the speed camera file into the directory? Is POI Loader set to that same directory?

Do you use either of Ash's or cbrom's utilities (if you haven't heard of these, don't worry)

Go to "Where to?" then "Custom POIs" then select one of the Pocketgps_camera lines and see if you can find the cameras. If the files are there on the unit, we can work further on why you aren't getting alerts.
Wallyj439
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 310 not showing cameras Reply with quote

Hi Swing,
firmware is v3.20
gpssw v2.70
poi loader v2.3.2.0
camera file is pgpsw-speed-cams zip file from this site v4.112 date 8 nov 06
both this file and an update poi file were unzipped into the same directory on my pc which is where the poi loader was told to upload from
I looked on the 310 and the gatso, redlights etc files are there where you said I also looked at some of the settings and discovered that the settings\proximity points\alerts\audio had the single tone selected which I am sure was previously set to 'continous - all alerts' I have no idea how this was altered as I am sure it was not done by me. I think this has sorted my problem out. Many thanks for your time and patience. Cheers. Wally. Oh, while you are there I have some custom pois loaded onto an sd card in the nuvi but never actually allow them to be loaded, will the main files be affected by alowing the custom pois to be installed from the card?
Wallyj439
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 310 cameras missing Reply with quote

Hey Swing,

you asked me 'Do you use either of Ash's or cbrom's utilities (if you haven't heard of these, don't worry)'

The answer is no, never heard of them, should I know about them, are they useful?

Cheers

Wally
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing that setting should sort it out for you - I think it may have been reset by a recent firmware update.

No, I wouldn't allow them to be loaded - either delete them, or if it's a backup just in case you have to reset the unit whilst out and about then here's a trick for you - once you have used POI loader to load the Custom POIs, use Windows File Explorer to COPY the file onto the SD card in the same directory (ie \Garmin\POI). As it's exactly the same file, you won't get the warning on every bootup.

No, the utilities provide a distance and overspeed warning for cameras for devices like the i3 that don't provide it by default - this is now provided by default by the Nuvi, so the apps don't provide much functionality (Ash's does allow greater customisation of the timings of the alerts, and does allow you to automatically download new updates, but the alerts interfere a little with the operation of the Nuvi).
Wallyj439
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Nuvi 310 Cameras missing (not any more) Reply with quote

Hey Swing,

Many thanks for your assistance, yes the cameras are back as of my journey into work this morning, I suppose a firmware update might have triggered the change, although mysterious as to why it should feel the need to mess about.... still, that's computers for you eh! Thanks for the tip about the SD card and poi's.

Cheers, all the best

Wally

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: