Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cameras that need to be deleted.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cameras that need to be deleted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Cameras that need to be deleted. Reply with quote

I have got 4 cameras that need deleting.I have already submited these but its hard work trying to get them deleted. I have got two on m1 and two on the a406. The two on the m1 are id-16546 and 17224[specs].The two on the a406 are id-4892 and 17537[gatsos].It would be usefull if these good be updated for the next database release.Thanks.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's "hard work" about getting them deleted, and how could it be improved?
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that is needed is for another helpful member to check out your deletions and submit them also.

Unfortunately, they are not in an area I normally travel, so I will not be able to help this time.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
What's "hard work" about getting them deleted, and how could it be improved?

The "hard work" is that sometimes it takes months for changes to be applied (if ever), and it could be improved by having a section of the database or a section of the forum specially for submissions that need confirmation from another member.
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds reasonable to me - perhaps this would result in more of the unknown speed, and deleted cameras being brought up-to-date.

One area which is starting to concern me is the mobile cameras. I have a suspion that there are too many duplicates, along with many locations which are no longer used.
Cichlas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed on the last update that I downloaded, not sure on the latest one, that some mobile camera sites have been deleted (A31 hogsback). They were still using those sites lastweek. What is the criteria for mobiles to be removed? You can go for a month without seeing them there and then they are back every other day. Seems that the deletion is to early for mobile sites??
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 - Ah, I understand your problem now. I personally think things are improving in the speed of removing cameras, although I base this mainly on how quickly temporary roadwork speed cameras are removed.

As for mobile camera site, I don't even report these for deletion. As I've said before on these forums, years ago I reported some hardstandings that were put in by the local council for use by the speed camera vans - out of 3 I have only ever seen one in use (and that was only a few months ago), but that doesn't stop them existing and being used next month or next year.
ianyam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Mobile units Reply with quote

Could it be that the police use the same info to look into which mobile units are deleted and then replace the mobile units there. or if their usual spots are listed here not use them?
Just a thought, they must use these files and info for their own means, they would stupid not to.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe some Police forces actually use this database to help prevent speeding "incidents", but I think you are looking for a conspiracy theory that isn't there.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Cameras that need to be deleted. Reply with quote

mars.1 wrote:
I have got 4 cameras that need deleting.I have already submited these but its hard work trying to get them deleted. I have got two on m1 and two on the a406. The two on the m1 are id-16546 and 17224[specs].The two on the a406 are id-4892 and 17537[gatsos].It would be usefull if these good be updated for the next database release.Thanks.

update:

specs 16546: awaiting confirmation
specs 17224: awaiting confirmation
gatso 4892: awaiting confirmation
gatso 17537: awaiting confirmation

MaFt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're back to the question.... why can't there be a section of the database or the forum where people can go to specifically check these submissions and get them verified quicker...please?

I can't see how it would compromise the verification or free life membership processes; but if it would, tell us and I'll stop banging on about it!
Scarecrow
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have submitted cameras for deletion, to find that they are still in the next release (haven't checked current database). Cameras I submitted for deletion were set up in roadworks on the M2 to monitor the temporarily imposed 50 mph limit. Roadworks were completed some time ago, and speed now back at NSL, so there is no reason for the cameras to remain on the database.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So we're back to the question.... why can't there be a section of the database or the forum where people can go to specifically check these submissions and get them verified quicker...please?

I can't see how it would compromise the verification or free life membership processes; but if it would, tell us and I'll stop banging on about it!

Here, Here! Bis! Encore!

And so on and so forth. PLEASE do me a CSV file for unconfirmed stuff and I'll confirm everything I pass - whitevanman from Bristol area to North, South, East and West. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ever since we have moved over to this verification of sites i have seen a dramatic decrease in the relability of camera ,can't we go back to how it used to be or at lest just only confirm moved additions or deleted cameras , i am often going passed cameras that are not there ,most times i manage to catch them but a lot of the time i'm passed them before i can get the location

thanks
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Cameras that need to be deleted. Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
specs 16546: awaiting confirmation
specs 17224: awaiting confirmation
Shame I didn't see this yesterday - I drove that section of the M1 twice. I do remember thinking there were a couple of cameras on the South bound side that weren't any use as the cars were now too many lanes away from the camera, but I wasn't paying enough attention to confirm these deletions.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: