Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - arkon mount + receiver just broke, Need replacement tips
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

arkon mount + receiver just broke, Need replacement tips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: arkon mount + receiver just broke, Need replacement tips Reply with quote

Hi,
Today as I was taking my Axim X30 out of the PDA holder the side things which hold it in place just became loose, I've opened it up hoping I could fix it but theres a bit of plastic which has broken hence now the PDA will not stay in the mount now.
I'm a bit dissapointed at the build quality (this cost me £100 just over a year ago!), even if i buy a new one again I think the same thing might happen.

This time I was thinking to get just a powered mount without the GPS receiver as they are cheaper, but the thing is I need the same style slot at the back as I have added a brodit mount to my dash and fitted a swivel socket on top with a plate on the front, so the arkon mount used to just slide onto it (I had removed the sunction arm).

So I guess my question is, are there any better made mounts with a similar slot at the back, and also should I go for a SIRF 3 wired or bluetooth one, I really liked the look of the Holux gpslim 240 (the one that looks like a USB stick) but the thing is I doubt I would be using it away from the car, the holux wired version seems to be cheaper while using the same chipset.

Any help would be appreciated, please ask if you need any clarification!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: