Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New New Map v675???
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New New Map v675???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: New New Map v675??? Reply with quote

After a poor computer weekend, this morning I at last got round to downloading the latest camera database. When I put my GO710 SD Card (2GB) into the reader to copy them across, lo and behold, TT Home fired up and said I'd got two updates to come - GPS Fix as usual, but also Western_Central Europe Map (Only for GO710 and 910) 1.7GB!!

Well, with enough backups to feel confident, I allowed the download to go ahead. 35 minutes, 8Mb broadband. Then had to delete the old Western & Central Europe map from the card. Installed the new new new map, to find I have now installed v675.1409 - no different number from what I already had!

I wonder what's going on?

Incidentally, I've not done it this way before, this time I deleted the old map by selecting it with TT Home and Delete (I normally delete with Win Explorer). It warned me that I'd be sorry if I didn't have a copy, then went ahead. When I installed the new download, it had kept all my POIs. I didn't know it did that!! But it lost my MapSettings.cfg (which I promptly copied across again).

I'm wondering if this "new" map heralds some change - towards Navcore 7 perhaps? Has anybody else had this and know what it's about? In TT Home, I now have TWO maps - Western and Central Europe 1.7GB and Western and Central Europe (only for GO710 and 910) 1.7GB.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stranger.... ever stranger.... become the ways of TomTom! Joker
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Stranger.... ever stranger.... become the ways of TomTom! Joker
And even stranger when we've seen so many people posting that the v675 Western & Central Europe Map is NOT shown as available for GO710 (and still isn't on their website). Rolling Eyes

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: