Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - nuvi navigation for a large rig ??? HELP
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

nuvi navigation for a large rig ??? HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cantgetlost
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: nuvi navigation for a large rig ??? HELP Reply with quote

I've been playing with Sat Navs for some time now and have I3's in Family cars and nuvi 350 as my work tool.
I know my way around UK and urope Quite well but am in the middle os sorting adeal that will involve us driving a 10 mtre American RV plus trailer sometimes next year.
Presently my nuvi routing and my own knowlege does for me but with such a large rig we will need to route carefuly to some venues in 2007.
So advice please on how I load pr picked routes onto the nuvi and how easy or complex is it + what do I need to buy ? I have all the latest lap top and mobie intenet set-up for it and the phone, but would appreciate some advice on choosing and setting routes. Plus if you canload a route into the nuvi, can you still vary from that route when using it. And can you reverse the route.
Embarassed thanks in advance for the moountain aof expert advice!
But please don't tell me I need to buy another Sat Nav as that is not an option Rolling Eyes
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't load routes from Mapsource into the Nuvi - for that you need to buy further up (in price) within the Garmin range.

However, if you set your vehicle setting (and by this I mean the routing option, not the display on the map) to "Truck" you should find it works a lot better with a large vehicle.

Apart from spending serious money on a lorry specific SatNav unit, your best option will be to use the Nuvi but also use a truckers map and be very very aware of where you are going. Remember that same vehicle was probably on the road before SatNav came along and people coped.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: