Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom ONE V2 GB
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom ONE V2 GB
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suter2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Tomtom ONE V2 GB Reply with quote

hi there guys

i just brought the new tomtom gb last night and i want to put the speed camera database on it, i have the cd rom and the usb cable but i cant seem to download/ find the correct software for this.

please can someone help me as i really need this software on.

many thanks
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi suter2k,

Welcome to the forum! Thumbs Up

To use the PocketGPSWorld camera database you need to be a current paid up subscriber. You can subscribe for one month or one year, please use this page to subscribe, it will also give you more information and details about costs.

Once you are a current subscriber, you can download the database from here.

Before you download the camera database, it is suggested that you read some of the guides, in the following order:

Arrow The beginner’s guide to the PocketGPSWorld camera database.
This explains about the different camera types and about categories and subcategories, so that you can decide how you want the database on your unit.

Depending on whether you have TomTom Navigator on a Pocket PC or TomTom GO, please read either:

Arrow How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5.
This guide explains how to load the PocketGPSWorld camera database onto a Pocket PC running TomTom Navigator 5.

Arrow How to install (camera database) POIs onto a TomTom GO, Rider, or One.
This guide explains how to load the PocketGPSWorld camera database onto your TomTom GO, Rider, or One.

Once you have installed, set up, and used the PocketGPSWorld camera database for a while on your TomTom SatNav system. You may want to share and send in details of cameras yourself. You can do this by using the PocketGPSWorld POI Capture utility:

Arrow The PocketGPSWorld POI Capture utility.
You do not need the PocketGPSWorld POI Capture utility on your TomTom SatNav system in order to use the PocketGPSWorld camera database. However if you want to send in camera details then POI Capture makes the process of recording cameras much easier on TomTom Navigator and GO (original, 300, 500, and 700). At the moment POI Capture will not work with TomTom Rider, One, and mobile. This is for a technical reason, which we hope, will soon be rectified by TomTom.

The above guides may look lengthy and complicated when first seen. However if you grab a cup of coffee and read each one thoroughly then they should make sense as they have been written in a step-by-step way, for ease of reading.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
suter2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry robert im still havin problems i have unzipped the files and still i dont no what to do

i have read through the instructions its still not working.

is they another way i can do this? also wot speed camera database do i need to use for a tomtom v2 gb??

many thanks

martin
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi suter2k

suter2k wrote:
i have unzipped the files and still i dont no what to do

Have you decided whether you want the speed cameras to show the speed limit or not. If you do, then you need the zoned camera database.

suter2k wrote:
wot speed camera database do i need to use for a tomtom v2 gb??

Download the TomTom (OV2) one.

Once you’ve downloaded what you want, unzip the .bmp files and the .ov2 files and copy them into your map folder.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
adijam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant get this to work either , think refund is in order. ive moved all the files from the download in the correct place, and they show on the menu screen but not when driving?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try having a read through THIS it is not specifically for the device you have, but all the TT products work in the same way, (just ignore the Text to Speach bit).
Crucial to getting the cameras displayed when driving is setting the Warn When Near POI which you can get at from Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI, set a warning up for each camera type you have installed, then try going for a drive, if you tick the "Warn only if POI on route" you MUST have a route planned that the unit is following otherwise you will get no warning - Mike
adijam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ve done all that it still doesnt work, ive read all the walkthroughs, how do i get refund?
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please confirm whether you have followed these steps:

Step 1. Download the POI file
Download the POI zip file. Save the file on your computer by selecting “save” when prompted. Save the file in a place where you can easily find it again for step 3 of the installation, e.g. on your Desktop or in My Documents. Unzip the contents.

Step 2. Connect your TomTom GO to your PC
Connect your TomTom GO to your PC using the USB data cable. The USB cable is supplied with your TomTom GO product. Ensure that TomTom GO is powered using the AC adapter.

Your TomTom GO is now visible in "My Computer" as a "Removable Disk".

Step 3. Copy the POI files from your PC
Go to the directory on the local hard drive of your PC where you stored or downloaded the unzipped POI database files (.OV2 and optionally .BMP files)
Select and copy the POI database files.
You must copy the (.OV2 and .BMP) files - do NOT copy the folders.

Step 4. Copy the POI files to your TomTom GO
Go to "My Computer” on your PC;
Go to "Removable Disk";
Then go to the map directory, for example the folder "Great_Britain-Map"; and "paste" the POI files into this folder.

NB If you have a TomTom Go 700, with all of the maps of Western Europe in one place, then you use the "Western_Europe-Map" folder.

The POI files are now successfully copied to this folder. You are ready to use your new POIs on your TomTom GO.

Step 5. Display POIs on your TomTom GO
Finally, to enable POIs in your TomTom GO select them in your POI categories:

Change Preferences | Manage (or Maintain) POI | Enable / Disable POI
Select POI

They now are displayed on your GO screen in both 3D maps and 2D maps.
Even if you do not display POIs on screen, you can now "navigate to" your Poi’s, find POIs near your location, etc.

Step 6. Set up Proximity Alerts (optional)
Change Preferences | Manage (or Maintain) POI | Warn when near POI
Select each POI in turn,
Select the distance for warning
Select the warning sound
Uncheck the "Warn only if POI is on route" box
Repeat until all POIs are set up to warn.

NB. If you check the "Warn only if POI is on route" box, then you will not be warned of POIs that you approach if:
1. The POIs are slightly away from the road.
2. You have no destination and therefore no route planned.

Updating the PocketGPSWorld camera database on your TomTom GO

Sooner or later, the PocketGPSWorld camera database that you currently have loaded on your TomTom GO will be superseded by a later version. We recommend that you always use the latest version.

As always, ensure that you have an up-to-date (and viable) full backup of your TomTom GO’s SD card (or hard drive). Repeat Steps 1 to 4 to copy all of the .OV2 files of the categories and sub-categories of the database to the TomTom GO.

Don’t worry, let the newer versions of the .OV2 files overwrite the existing versions. You do not need to copy the .BMP files of the categories and sub-categories of the database (unless you are adding new categories and sub-categories).

If you have already enabled the categories and sub-categories of the database to display as POIs then the new versions of the .OV2 files will do so as well.

If you have already set up the Proximity Alerts, then these will work with the newer versions of the existing .OV2 files.
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
suter2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i have followed them instructions.

all i want is to no where all the speed camera are in the uk,ie if im on a road with 2 cameras on it will beeps and warn me sayin there a speed camera appoaching. if it gives me a speed of the road that is a bonus.

i have click on the camera database tom tom home then uk full cameras is this rite i then download it save it to my desktop i then unzip the file, which then brings a new icon on the desktop which has been unzipped i thenm copy and past the items i have unzipped normally only 2 things then copy them into the map bit is this correct am i missin a section??

please can someone send me a link of what i need i have a tomtom one v2 bg

or is it not possiable to use the speed camera database on this product?
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi suter2k,

Are you using the TomTom camera database or the PocketGPSWorld camera database?

If you are using the PocketGPSWorld camera database then please take some time to read all of the guides - severall times if necessary.

Please remember, if you use the PocketGPSWorld camera database, you must have a .OV2 file and a .BMP file with exactly the same name before the dot, for each category or sub-category. These .OV2 and .BMP files must be placed (unzipped) into the map folder.

Do NOT place the .OV2 and .BMP files into a subfolder of the map folder.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like you have downloaded and unzipped the database, however as you have downloaded the TomTom Home version of the database the files need to be unzipped into the folder TomTom Home application which then uses the two files to install cameras, there is some additional information HERE I can understand your confusion as the instructions all relate to the old method of installing POI to the device, the cameras will work with your unit though - Mike
suter2k
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i have followd the 910 way and i have all the sectionson my tom tom, theres about 24 of them, i have set the distance when to warn me and the sound up,plusi have click the button to say tell me when im near one so im going to test it now so i hope it works.
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, it is worth noting that most people recommend NOT to tick warn only on route. If you do tick that box, you will only be warned when you have a route loaded in.

Ps. to test, it is easiest to use the A-B advanced plan, the show route demo. This way you can test it from your living room Wink
Latest Maps
(Internal GPS)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to hear that worked, although I feel another user guide is required to cover to use of the TomTom Home style download in a similar fashion to the other guides, I will work one up later tonight.

The use of the Home method only works for the newer devices.

Unfortunately the guides don't include this new (ish) option - the downloaded files from the home style download are of a completely different type and will work when employed via the correct installation method - Mike
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suter2k wrote:
ok i have followd the 910 way and i have all the sectionson my tom tom, theres about 24 of them, i have set the distance when to warn me and the sound up,plusi have click the button to say tell me when im near one so im going to test it now so i hope it works.

It probably still wont work. As lupos says you need to UNTICK the box that says "warn only when on route" otherwise you will not get a warning unless you have set a route and are on it.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: