Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Spanish speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Spanish speed cameras

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: Spanish speed cameras Reply with quote

Is there anything available for TomTom 700?

Regards jkm
m623d
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded a set from somewhere, they where mixed in with the france ones, I think maybe the alertgps one.
they dont have many cams listed for spain though, and I was there this summer and didn't see one.

If you cant find the ones I mean let me know, I may still have them somewhere.
jkm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks m623d i cant find it but i wonder if its really necessary from what you have said.

jkm
m623d
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I travelled past Barcelona and Alicante and didn't see any on the Autoroute, or on the local roads near Torrevieja. There are some listed on the POI's but mainly around Madrid.
I didn't use it in the end, especially in France (see previous thread)
dirtyweeraincloud
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TomTom Safety Cameras service provides you with regularly updated safety camera positions anywhere you need it, in your home country and also when travelling abroad.

The TomTom Safety Cameras service is currently available for Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

You only need one subscription to be warned automatically of safety camera positions in these countries, provided that you have a TomTom Map of the country.

http://www.tomtom.com/plus/services/pois.php
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtyweeraincloud wrote:
The TomTom Safety Cameras service provides you with regularly updated safety camera positions anywhere you need it, in your home country and also when travelling abroad.

The TomTom Safety Cameras service is currently available for Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.

You only need one subscription to be warned automatically of safety camera positions in these countries, provided that you have a TomTom Map of the country.

http://www.tomtom.com/plus/services/pois.php

And they are about as useful as a chocolate fireguard because they are so innacurate.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
dirtyweeraincloud
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterc10,
what would you suggest?
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtyweeraincloud wrote:
peterc10,
what would you suggest?

I would suggest not believing everything Tom Tom's publicity department tell you. For example they list the UK and yet a quick check on plenty of posts will see that it is a lot less accurate and reliable than the one on this site. There is no reason to believe that the reliability is any better in the rest of Europe, and its a lot of money to spend and then be disapointed.

Probably better to just keep to the speed limits in Spain.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
a1gjv
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want the lates speed camera locations not only for Spain but for all of Europe you can get the from here http://www.scdb.info/en/ will cost you about £7 a year well worth the money for as many downloads as you like they cover TomTom Go, TomTom Navigator & TomTom Mobile.

I have just updated my Spanish list and there are a lot about now.
Dcogle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drive down from Bilbao down to the Costa del Sol on a regular basis. There are plenty of cameras sited on the main E5 down. They seem to be fitted mainly on the gantries over the road and through Tunnels. Around Malaga for example the local police published the locations of 6 very visible and well signed sites. You do not need a GPS to see them. They also published the staggering number of fines issued during the first few months of use. Also in one article I have here it says they are planning to introduce over 300 new sites over the next 12 months. I advise use both PGPS and TT warnings in Spain. More of a problem to you speeding motorists are the large number Motorcycle traffic Police that are ever vigilant and show no mercy.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: