Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PDA Sat Nav's with replaceable batteries?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PDA Sat Nav's with replaceable batteries?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
travelagent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: PDA Sat Nav's with replaceable batteries? Reply with quote

I have just returned a Mio P350 to Handtec for a refund ,as I found the battery is not replaceable like the old A201.I also found that battery life was only about an hour using sat nav.I wanted to use it as a hand held sat nav for hikeing off road (as well as in car)so this was not acceptable.
Does anyone know of a comparible unit with replaceable battery (with good battery life)for the same price? I know the Mio 701 satnav/phone does ,but this is too expensive for me and I don't realy need the phone. Question
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

satnav is very processor intensive so about an hour isnt surprising you could make a diy battery pack for it to extend the battery life

have a look at the imate pda-n not sure if it has a replaceable battery though

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Imate unit (PDA-n) does have a removable battery its a Sanyo Model GALA160 rated at 3,7V 1100mAh in use its not too bad but the screen is small (very clear and sharp though - in fact when using Topo maps such as the Memory Map software it is great, a very light weight device to carry around).
As it uses a mini USB socket for charging you should consider purchasing an external battery pack for the device, one of THESE works very well with the Imate, (this saves building a battery pack, although I can offer advice on this topic if you want to go that way, I have a number of solutions that work).

With both the PDA and external pack fully charged when setting out for a day walking will give over ten hours, when in the car keep the PDA charge topped up using a cable from the ciggy socket - Mike
travelagent
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas on the recharging pack.That does look like a useful gaget.
The Imate looks good apart from ,as you say ,the small screen.
I have also seen The FujitsuSiemens LOOX N500 which is selling for the amazing price of £185 from expansys which includes Navigon software.
As far as I can see it dosn't have WiFi or Bluetooth though.You have to get the LOXN560 for that at £355.50

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: