Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPSlim236 and C550
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPSlim236 and C550

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joloc
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: GPSlim236 and C550 Reply with quote

A friend has a spare GPSlim236 he no longer wants, and I have an Orange C550 (one of those phones made by HTC running Windows Smartphone 2003 and equipped with bluetooth), which theoretically should be able to connect to it. I tried using USB connection

To see if it works, I downloaded a free as in beer program called SmartGPS, switched on the GPS device, and ran the program. In connection settings I selected COM6 and 38400baud, to which the program replied "SmartGPS was unable to connect to the device on COM6 at 38400 baud. please check your settings.".

The blue light in the middle on the GPS reader is flashing about once a second, and the orange light on the left is flashing about once a second. The blue light on the phone indicating that bluetooth is enabled is also flashing.

What can i do to get it working?
Satphile
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Go to bluetooth, make phone discoverable, then press menu and select devices, then New, Now your phone should detect Holux GPSlim 236.
Back to menu and select com port and make sure that you use the same port in TT5 other Bluetooth GPS device setup.

That is all.

Satphile
Satphile
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, use the same com port in SmartGPS software, you should get GPS signal data coming.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: