Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Setting up a 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting up a 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Setting up a 2210 Reply with quote

Hi , My 2210 and wired tomtom arrived today so I had a pda in my hands for the first time! I only have win98 installed and when I tried to install active sync it protested saying "no outlook installed" .. is thre any way to install tomtom without outlook??

thanks

dave
Pat Boy Slim UK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should of received a chopped down version of outlook with your Ipaq.I did with mine although was a few months ago.Have a good search on the HP Ipaq CD.They do still come with CD's dont they ?
As far as i Know you wil need Outlook installed .
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat Boy Slim UK wrote:
You should of received a chopped down version of outlook with your Ipaq.I did with mine although was a few months ago.Have a good search on the HP Ipaq CD.They do still come with CD's dont they ?
As far as i Know you wil need Outlook installed .

When I tried to install outlook it said my o/s needed to be newer because it was not compatabe with PPC2003.anyway I got around the problem by unchecking the programs that use outlook in the sync menu.. it took quite a while to figure it out though ! I have since down loaded and installed the post code lookup which is just brilliant!..(my thanks to its writer) but am having trouble with the poi database download but will keep trying. By the way the new 2210 car kit is brill ,the new lighter plug is tiny,the wire comes out at a right angle ang hugs the dash, the only downside is that the holder neck is too short if the car has a low rake to the screen making it difficult to remove the ppc ( suction pad on window base on dash ).I have threaded the gps cable inside the coil of the power lead and placed it in front of the gear stick (1999 polo est)and at one time in Newport Monmothshire (Not on ttn3.03 map) was picking up 10 sats,but mostly 8 or 9 ..very pleasing Thumbs Up

cheers
dave
gokhart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about sunlight glare on the screen? I cannot get aways from this problems despite several repositionings and backlight setting changes. (oh, and night/day profiles)
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not had probs with sunlight yet (I have tinted glass so that might be the reason, or the fact I have only been on two short trips) the mount has 2 adjusting clamps ..one- up and down ..the other - side to side so it should be possible to tilt it to help avoid your problem .. by the way the cradle has perforations in line with the 2210 speaker Thumbs Up so that helps with the sound probs that have been mentioned on the forums!

dave
gokhart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

you have the new Tomtom 2210 Car kit?

I was wondering:
1) The rubber cap thing that you are meant to stick to your dash board and then the sucker thing attaches to this. Once stuck to dashboard and then removed at a later date, will it mark the dashboard ?
2) I guess you only get one rubber cap. What if you have 2 cars?
3) How do you attach this to a vent ?
oddsock
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gokhart wrote:
Hi,

you have the new Tomtom 2210 Car kit?

I was wondering:
1) The rubber cap thing that you are meant to stick to your dash board and then the sucker thing attaches to this. Once stuck to dashboard and then removed at a later date, will it mark the dashboard ?
2) I guess you only get one rubber cap. What if you have 2 cars?
3) How do you attach this to a vent ?

1.. you should be able to get a scraper between the cap and the dash and gently seperate them ..any residue can be remove with glue remover..If some considerable period of time has passed and you decide to do this there maybe a very slight difference in colour due to bleeching of the surrouning area
2..you might be able to get a new cup , I see it has stamped on it"HR AUTOCOMFORT Universal Suction Cup System Connector Adapter. self adhesive " but I don't see why some other round piece of 80mm Dia plastic could not be used with double sided tape!!

3.. Pass!! Perhaps someone else has more experience with this type of fitting ..I have mine clamped directly to the windshield with the only slight problem as mentioned in an eariler post!

dave
sloany
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you type into ebay search tomtom suction cup you will find suction cups at £1.99.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: