Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with Tom tom 2.24 and CF sysonchip using HP2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Tom tom 2.24 and CF sysonchip using HP2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MILLWALLFC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Problem with Tom tom 2.24 and CF sysonchip using HP2210 Reply with quote

Hi i am having a slight problem with Tom Tom Navigator combined with a CF sysonChip.

The problem being there is a lag that is causing me problems.

It is fine on long roads but when i get a few quick turnings Tom Tom always losses it position.

e.g. i just turn right in around two hundred yards there is a right or left turn at the end of the road but the time i get to the end of the road TomTom is still showing me doing the first turn into that road.

I am using NMEA 4800 settings

So every-time i turn onto a road it takes about 5 seconds for tomtom to update itself.

Is this a problem with the Software on the CF GPS ?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will get problems certainly with all CF based GPS Receivers, and in-fact most GPS Receivers if turns are within 50 yards, especially around some of these tight housing estates, but 200 yards should be okay.

Where did you purchase the CF Plus from ? It sounds like it may have the old firmware in, the only way to resolve this is to send it back to SysOnChip to upgrade the firmware.
MILLWALLFC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Serial Number is :

MILLWALLFC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry forgot to say has anyone got their relevant e mail address or address that i am meant to write to regarding this.

Can they tell you what filmware you have from the numbers on the back of the card.

in the barccode it says : 8 809083 883010
Serial Number is : 0306261172 and it says
CE 06780 and another number top right SOC1S03

also one last question apparently on the CF card you can add a GPS receiver to it to make it a better reception. How much are these and is there any that you would recommend.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: