Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Rider fault whilst ridng !!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Rider fault whilst ridng !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjc800
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: TT Rider fault whilst ridng !! Reply with quote

I got my TT rider at Christmas and untill last weekend i had only tested it on short local rides and it seemed to work fine.
And so for the bigger test a journey of about 250mile, for about the first 140 mile every thing was working fine and then the screen froze so i had to stop and take the TT out from the cradle and switch it off and on again to get it working and after a further 20mile the screen flashed up the "INSERT THE SD CARD" screen making out there was no map card in so i had to stop and remove the TT from the cradle but this time it would not switch off so i had to reset with the paper clip method and this "no sd card in" screen kept comming on every 20miles or so causing me to stop and having to go through the reset thing ...... Could it be the vibration of the bike causing it to loose connection with the card? i tried replicating the vibration with the TT off the bike but i could not get it to fail. My TT is mounted onto my VFR800 via a Ram mount in front of my tank. Has any one come across this fault? i would be intrested to know thanks.

Regards Tim
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vibrations seem very likely. Especially since the SD card slot does not actually hold the card inside. Can you maybe use some tape to keep the card in place?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Courierman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to shield it from high frequency buzz from the engine
i use the TomTom tape that came with it and have had no problem at all with it over a 700 mile rider and 1 day i did a 103 drop run with only 30 miles but 103 streets Embarassed i got so hot the only thing i dont like about the map on this thing is that its out by upto 200 yards and that was on 80 of the drops Rolling Eyes thats a damn lot more than TomTom v 3./5

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: