Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 920 and ELEVATION (altitude) Display?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

920 and ELEVATION (altitude) Display?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
F2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: 920 and ELEVATION (altitude) Display? Reply with quote

A post in another forum triggered my memory (it needs help these days - I think the gray hairs are less protective of the brain than the former color!)

I have installed two different "altitude" modules for my TT920 BUT....

I think that they only work when you run them so....

While we were driving in Canada recently, my 920 would occasionally throw up elevation in, I think, the upper right (maybe upper left) corner as information. I was not sure what triggered this behavior. As we were driving through the Canadian Rockies and some of us had altimeter watches, the TT was pretty much correct when it did display this information. Do you know anything about what triggers this display periodically?
gatorguy6996
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be a function of one of the other programs you have installed Very Happy
46jimbo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 altitude programs I know will flash the altitude like you describe every 30 seconds or so. This value can be adjusted in the programs' config file.
F2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

46jimbo wrote:
The 2 altitude programs I know will flash the altitude like you describe every 30 seconds or so. This value can be adjusted in the programs' config file.

You both seem to think so - maybe that's it. I did not realize that they were "working" in the background. I thought that they had to be invoked from the main screens and then terminated when you went back to TT. One is tripmaster, the other just an Altimeter.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me a dimwit, but I thought the x20 series, or rather, Navcore v7.x meant that 3rd party software wasn't even possible on these devices...?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadamehr wrote:
Call me a dimwit, but I thought the x20 series, or rather, Navcore v7.x meant that 3rd party software wasn't even possible on these devices...?

Yep, 3rd party stuff works on x20 machines with the Navcore 7x firmware.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadamehr... third party applications can still run on v7 software, and lots do.
It's just that with the withdrawal of the SDK, it's a lot harder to make new ones and a lot harder to work out why ones that used to work have now stopped.
In other words if they still work, its a lucky break!
Tripmaster and most others from the same stable stil work (with issues like the keyboard entry screen) several movie/audio players still do as do some games and other stuff. Unfortunately POICapture from here doesn't.
shadamehr
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P2002 wrote:
Shadamehr... third party applications can still run on v7 software, and lots do.
It's just that with the withdrawal of the SDK, it's a lot harder to make new ones and a lot harder to work out why ones that used to work have now stopped.
In other words if they still work, its a lucky break!
Tripmaster and most others from the same stable stil work (with issues like the keyboard entry screen) several movie/audio players still do as do some games and other stuff. Unfortunately POICapture from here doesn't.

Wow - I never ever knew that.

Not sure if this is the right place then to ask, but can anyone give me (to add to what you mention already Andy, thanks), a list of some examples that work on v7, what they are, what they do, and where to get them.

Wow.

Thanks all!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I was sure I'd started a list somewhere (probably on yourNav) but I can't find it now. Sad
I'll start a new topic...
CLICK HERE

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: