Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 back up on sd card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 back up on sd card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghost181
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: TT5 back up on sd card Reply with quote

I have been reading a post about back up tt5 on the sd card. Mikealder spoke about copying 2 .cab files on to the sd card in case the battery ran low. can any one tell me were the 2 .cab files are located as I have searched the sd card and cannot find them.

any help would be great

My system is
pda running windows mobile 2003 se
TT5.21 GB maps

regards
map ver 2010:10
GB maps
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you find them on the Installation CD of the 7 CD Navigator CD Set.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to extract them from the installer when it is running, the folder you need to look at on the PC is C:\Documents and Settings\user\local settings\Temp\WZSE0.TMP\nvapp\app in here will be either a set of four CAB files (gps.cab_PIMAddin.cab_ttn.cab_wzd.cab) or more recently two files (tt.cab_tomtom.cab).
Have a read of this link to find out whats involved http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27097&highlight=cab+files

Once you have the CAB files (the old installer created four files, more recently you only need two).
Copy the files to a known location on you PC, in Windows Explorer right click each CAB file select Properties and make sure they are set too read only, otherwise they will self destruct when you run them, and you need to do this all over again.
Copy the CAB files to your SD card in a known folder and you can re-install the application in seconds when you loose everything. I use this method, but prefer to rely on Sprite back-up which puts everything back on in one go - Mike
ghost181
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: tom tom 5 back up on sd card Reply with quote

well first thanks for the prompt reply and email from forum/pocketsgps very impresed with the prompt reply Smile

in reply to the message from oldboy I purchased a genuine copy of tom tom 5 GB maps which only has 1 cd

I have found the .cab files in the folder "2577" with in the tom tom program and copyed (there are 4 .cab files)

gps.cab
ttn.cab
wzd.cab
pimaddin.cab

to a new folder and made them read only my final quirey (i hope) which one(s) do I need to activate to put tom tom back on my pcc if ever I let the battery go so low and have to reinstall tom tom
as all way thanks for the help
map ver 2010:10
GB maps
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's well worth while investing in a copy of Sprite Backup. Using this you can back up your PDA onto a storage card at regular intervals, opting to keep the latest two backups on the card. It is then a simple matter to restore the PDA to an earlier state, and you can do it when you are away from the PC. The backup restores everything on the PDA, not just your GPS software
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
Trevor1234
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ghost181,
I agree with Robin 2. Sprite Backup is worth its weight in gold. You could be in the middle of France on a rainy night, attempt to turn on your PDA and for some reason find that you have lost everything. No problem. Sprite Backup will restore everything to the same state as when the backup was made. The programmes, Bluetooth settings, everything back as it was. Its brilliant.
GPS World Traffic cameras
Home 2.7
iPhone 3G

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: