Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I3 System Software Missing!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I3 System Software Missing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rderriman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: I3 System Software Missing! Reply with quote

OK Guys. Newbie here.

Sat with a brand new i3 reading manual, go to Garmin for updates. Drivers installed OK. Then Webupdater installed Ok. Immediately told me that 2.7 was a later version and should be installed. Webupdate then deleted the files, and at 31% stopped completely with "System Software Missing" message on the Garmin. Waited, waited and waited...... Started to browse to see others had the same problem.

What I can't do is a hard reset. Followed commands for a reset here, and it immediately returns to the error message with no prompts. Rasied a query with Garmin, they want 5 days to respond.

All I want to do is get this back to where it was. Any suggestions at this time of night please?

Robin
ride4smilesjonny
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to bed?

Seriously, try removing the memory card (side of unit) then reinsert it, turn unit on then off again though with card out!
hi ho hi ho.....
www.ride4smiles.co.uk

£3500 raised in two weeks! :-)
Rderriman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ride4smilesjonny and thanks. Wink

I finally managed to get the Garmin website to respond, and located the software to download with the Updater tool. I rebooted by removing battery cover, then hold down wheel and left button before hitting power. Note to others, you need to remove the USB cable for this to work! My wife, who's machine this is had already popped the memory card from the i3. I then rebooted the PC as suggested. Killed all apps and services, ran Updater and bingo!

One happy lady. Rolling Eyes

Thanks.....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: