Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Poland
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Poland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Poland Reply with quote

I will be buying a Tom Tom Go 700 in a couple of days. I travel Europe, as tempting the Tom Tom one is, I feel once a big card and the whole of Europe maps are purchased then there is not a lot of difference between the cost of a one and a 700, not in Denmark anyway. The bluetooth handsfree tips the balence, along with seamless mapping. Okay with that all said, I see Poland is inclued at 18%, somewhere I go often and I am wondering what I might get for my 18%?

Andy
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me a location/address and I'll check it out for you.

Chris
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new mapping v 605 claims that the Poland map is now 23%!! Rolling Eyes

TomTom claim that an update to the v605 will be available in the New Year, but is already on some GOs being sold now. If you buy early you will pay full price and not the upgrade price. And anyway they say that the 700 map on the SD card is still the v568 Rolling Eyes

I have the 18% map. It's major roads only, but with some detail in the centre of the major cities that I looked at. Warsaw, Katowice and Krakow.

Gdansk looks like main roads only. Szczecin looks to be OK.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my new tom tom go 700 yesterday and very happy so far. The Polish maps are a little lacking in information, apart from a few of the large cities, but happy that the small village I go to is there and has a road nearly, the route from Denmark seems to follow the way I have done it with paper maps. thanks for the replies

Andy
Mojo
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Tom Tom the only company that have Polish maps as well? I was looking at Navman, but they only seem to have Western Europe. I need maps for Poland as well (particularly Zakopane and Krakow). Any ideas?
Home 2.7.3.1894
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 700 map v568 shows what seems to be good detail in the centre of Krakow, but Zakopane has one road!! Current maps claim to have increased coverage from 18% to 23% - so probably much the same.

Poland maps are on the 700 and the Germany/Austria/Poland/Czech etc SD card.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, I will be going to to Poland next week and looking forward to seeing how the 700 does. We visit a small village north of Czestochowa and a demo route seems to show a good route, although I cannot see the new motorway from Przylek through Poznan, but then my one year old paper map does not either! Fot the most part the mapping seems only good from getting to one town to another town, but I look forward to seeing how is copes compered to my old Garmin unit. We will visit Karkow and see how good that is.

Andy
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Let us know when you get back!!

Chris
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been in Poland nearly 2 weeks now with my 700. Due to snow in the south we went via Frankfurt Odder to Poznan and then dropped south. all the towns on the route are shown as just names and no detailing as such, the main E30 shows a few main routes off it, but mostly a road is shown but apart from the juction the road goes no future. The new E30 motorway is not shown until we got near Poznan, but as we went south of the city we could see a lot of detail there. It seems that a bigger city has detail and the route the 700 choose to Czestochowa was correct. The small village we were going to is shown, but with no road.

A visit to friends in a town near Katowice had the address and route was good, also a vist to Krakow proved addresses are good. from Katowice to krakow is detailed. I did a few odd addresses in Warsaw and got them all. From town to town all is good and you will find your way to an address in the major cities. P.O.I are quite good, even on smaller roads we had correct fuel stations marked. I have been to this village 14 times now, so I am very happy with the routes it chooses and would trust it to get me to at least a town or village, even if it can't get an address. Sorry this is a bit long....

Andy
chris_w
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Stuff - glad it worked well for you :D

Chris
inthe128
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made it back from Poland last night, some very bad weather, snow, freezing fog. We followed the tom toms directions and got to Poznan intacted, the new motorway as I said is not shown, so it goes a bit pear shaped there, but onece the A road appears again its back on cousre. With a lot of ice on the road the shuddering and jarring of car and people was worse than normal, so happy to report the window mount stayed on the window. Over the 2 weeks I was there I left the mount attached to the window and in -10 the mount never once left the windscreen.

Into Germany and Denmark the mapping is rock solid, nothing to report there, it does what it should. I am very happy with the 700, Poland was possible with the current mapping.

Next is a visit back home, from Denmark to Europoot and there the seamless mapping will come into its own.

Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: