Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Display problem .....
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Display problem .....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarianPenny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Display problem ..... Reply with quote

I hope someone can help me! 8O

I have just bought a TomTom GO 300 and generally I am well pleased with it. Mostly it has got me to exactly the right place and the few times it hasn't it's been close enough to find where I want without much difficulty! Smile

However, yesterday the display "froze" on me - the voice still recognised where we were but the screen just showed the same place all the time. I tried tapping the screen to see if that would "wake it up" but all I got was the original map (where it plotted the route), with the blue band from the 3D route at the bottom - but this had "frozen" at the last "command". Sad

This morning it was back to normal (thank goodness, as I needed to go somewhere I hadn't been before and without a map of any sort!). It got me to the two places safely, but on the way home it did the same again (as it had done yesterday). As it happened it didn't really matter as I was on the way home and knew the way (though yesterday I got stuck in traffic from the M1 being closed at Hemel because of the fire; an alternative route may have been handy!), but it won't be very helpful if it does it when I am "lost" - rather defeats the object of getting it! Confused

Has anyone else had this happen? Confused

Does anyone know what causes it? 8O

Is there any "cure"?? Confused

Thanx!
Marian Confused
AllyCat
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marian,

Yes, I've seen it happen several times on a Mio558 PPC, but never on my Acer N30 which I have used for longer. The Mio has a faster processor and more free memory, so I can't explain why it happens.

I don't know about the Go, but as the program doesn't actually crash on the PPC, it's possible to exit the program (tap screen, > > exit) and then restart, when all is well again. But it's still not the sort of thing one should have to bother with when driving Sad .

If there are no other answers, try looking/posting in the TomTom Go or Tom Tom Navigator forums on this site.

Cheers, Alan.
Memory Map (v5.4.2 & v5.1.3 OS & Euro), GPS gate,OSGPSconverter.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: