Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - T-Mobile SDAII and CoPilot
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

T-Mobile SDAII and CoPilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: T-Mobile SDAII and CoPilot Reply with quote

Has anyone got an SDAII with CoPilot from T-Mobile?

It looks like a very good deal - Web n Walk 40Mb, 200 anytime minutes, free SDAII and GPS for £16pm (for months 1-9) then £35pm (months 10-15) and then back to £16.

But both T-Mobile Telesales and ALK have been unable to confirm if the bundled deal ships with CoPilot version 6 or the older version, or even if the GPS supplied uses the SiRFstarIII chipset.

To be fair, ALK said they would upgrade the software FOC, although I'd have to cover the post and packing, if it's not v6, but I dont want to place an order and commit to an 18 month contract without knowing what I'm going to get.

Any help would be appreciated.
trogit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T123 - mine arrived yesterday and I can confirm that it's the Live 6 version. How do I tell about the GPS chipset?

And yes, it certainly seems an amazing deal - effectively £78 more than Web'n'walk 100 over 18 months gets you the CoPilot kit with 2 years traffic subscription (worth about £275?)

Let me know if you've any more questions - I'm new to this forum, and to Sat Nav, but it looks like it will be a useful place to lurk...
T123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers trogit,

According to Dave Burrows who works for ALK, the easiest way to tell the SiRF III is on the label on the base of the GPS it says "COPILOT BTGPS3" rather than "COPILOT BLUETOOTH GPS".

How are you getting on with it? I've still got concerns about the performance of the SDA II but it is such a good deal.
trogit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case it's an old one - COPILOT Bluetooth GPS Model:D1598
What's the benefit of the newer one? I've had no problems with the accuracy of the GPS so far.

I've been enjoying it, but then it's still a new toy! I've never had either Sat Nav or a smartphone before, so it's all new to me.

What are your concerns re. the SDA II's performance? I'm happy with it at the moment - got it synchronised with Outlook which made copying my contacts a whole lot less of a deal. Minor gripes with the phone - turning Bluetooth on and off is many more keypresses than on my T610 - and there's a spare button top-left on the phone that I'm sure should be programmable. Still getting used to the navigation but I'm already happier with it than on the T610.

Co-pilot itself I'm pretty happy with - so far I've only tried it on known routes, so often I know a 'better' route taking account of local traffic etc., but it spots my divergence and recalculates the route very quickly. It's not that good at finding places straight from Contacts, but going straight for a postcode seems pretty accurate. Traffic information is not all it's cracked up to be - it seems to be intermittent as to when it arrives, and I have a TrafficMaster that is far more useful as it tells you a) where the delay is and b) how severe (ie. "M4 eastbound very slow traffic for 2 miles between junction 10 and 8, expect 10 minutes delay" from TrafficMaster, vs. "M4 eastbound slow traffic" on CoPilot) Hence I've no idea whether the delay is on my route and whether I need to avoid it from CoPilot alone - experience may improve this of course. Speed camera database is useful.

trogit

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: