Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - A Few Questions.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

A Few Questions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4x4monster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: A Few Questions. Reply with quote

I am new to the world of GPS, i was given a GPS system for christmas.
its a Yakumo alpha navigator with marco polo navigation software. I just have a few questions.

1. is there any way that i can put speed camera locations on it?
2. on the marco polo software it says that i have to update my maps, but when i go to the site it tells me to, there is no obvious way of downloading an update, where can i get the updates?
3. Is it possible to change the navigation software on my unit to another make, eg tom tom?

Thanks for any help.
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Answers Reply with quote

I've had a quick look at the spec of your device and it uses the same processor as the Acer N35 and a few other details are similar if not identical so I wouldn't be shocked if this was the Acer re-badged.

It's running Windows mobile 2003 so the answer to your second question is that you should be able to change the software your running.

In relation to your first question re speed cameras for marco polo software, sorry I can't help there as I've not heard of that one.

Mikey
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: A Few Questions. Reply with quote

4x4monster wrote:
I am new to the world of GPS, i was given a GPS system for christmas.
its a Yakumo alpha navigator with marco polo navigation software. I just have a few questions.

1. is there any way that i can put speed camera locations on it?
2. on the marco polo software it says that i have to update my maps, but when i go to the site it tells me to, there is no obvious way of downloading an update, where can i get the updates?
3. Is it possible to change the navigation software on my unit to another make, eg tom tom?

Thanks for any help.

The Marco Polo software does not support custom POIs so cannot use our camera database.

However, the PocketPC is more than capable of running TomTom Navigator or others such as CoPilot or Destinator etc.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: A Few Questions. Reply with quote

4x4monster wrote:
on the marco polo software it says that i have to update my maps, but when i go to the site it tells me to, there is no obvious way of downloading an update, where can i get the updates?

If you want to check for the UK map updates (at a price) they can be found at http://s113796026.einsundeinsshop.de/sess/utn;jsessionid=1543b53272afc7b/shopdata/index.shopscript
Mike
4x4monster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help, do u have any idea where i would get the tomtom or similar software for my pocket pc?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could purchase from tomtom.com direct, or try one of the advertisers on the righthand side of the screen, it just depends what you want, UK (on SD card) or full Europe (18 Countries) supplied on multiple CD - you need your own SD card with this one but they don't cost much these days - Mike

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: