Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 upgrade CD problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 upgrade CD problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldoni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: TT5 upgrade CD problem Reply with quote

Help please, I have just got the tt5 upgrade CDs and it is most probably me but the instructions are a little on the light side. I have been able to load via the application CD the Tomtom software onto my Ipaq rz 1710 but this was after deleting old software folder by folder.(which I have on my laptop backed-up) I then inserted the first application CD and loaded the software to main mem, the other options were Ipaq file store or SD card. This part is working as when I click Tomtom on the Ipaq it starts up.

I then as instructed tried to load the map cd, but which one. Ok we went for number one the cd tries to auto start but I get a dialog message with Tomtom at the top saying “not enough free space on temporary folder cannot run setup”

Now as far as I know the laptop is running ok and has Norton Internet Security 2005 which I have disabled just in case. I have checked for spy ware, but now

I am totally stuck; I have been round and round the Tomtom web site and I think I have read most of the threads re tt5

Just in case it makes a difference I did get a new 128mb SD card.

IPAQ Rz 1710
Tomtom version is 5.000 (4890)
GPS driver v1.2
Map:GB Map v562
THIS POST WAS CREATED USING 100% RECYCLED ELECTRONS!!!
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this from the tomtom website for you:

When I install the TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 Upgrade the following error occurs: - Not enough free space occurs on temporary folder. Cannot run Setup -
Answer
If you get this message when you attempt to install TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 Upgrade pack please follow these steps:
1. Remove the CD-rom from your CD-rom drive.
2. Click on Start, select Run and type %temp%, then press OK.
3. Select the file setup.exe and delete this file by tapping delete on your keyboard.
4. Insert your NAVIGATOR 5 Upgrade CD-rom into the CD-rom drive.
5. Now you can install your TomTom NAVIGATOR 5 Upgrade.

Ps. Why have you loaded the program onto the main memory? I found that putting everything onto the SD card was a lot simpler. Laughing
goldoni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanks for that lupos0_1 I did a search and found not a thing on the Tomtom site, so it must be me. I did just what you advised and yes it did work, but I still can’t load the maps. Sad

Like I said I purchased a new 128 SD card.

It would seem the software is for the Tomtom Go products as I could not get it to load direct to my Ipaq. I did try downloading to a folder on my computer and then transfer over via active sync. Now bearing in mind the file size of the smaller UK map is 110 and the post code is 9mb why would it not transfer, again it was a lack of memory on the SD card it would seem which is a 128mb card. Grrrrrrrrrrrr Do I need to get a bigger SD card, but if I do why is this not in the instructions and FAQs I also noted there was a bigger UK map file anybody know what that is and what extra info it holds???

The good news when I placed my original SD card back in my Ipaq it reloaded the old version of Tomtom 4 software so it looks like I have a navigator working back on line.

I do wonder if TT5 will load as tech support advised last Jan the rz1710 needed a cut down version of software so it would run. Now they seem to have changed their minds and have sold me TT5 as an upgrade.

While I may not be one of the brightest pixies in the forest I get by, but this has really got me stumped.

Any help will be gratefully received

IPAQ Rz 1710
GPS driver v1.2
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too run the upgrade on the RZ1710, so this should not be a problem. What I would do is remove all tomtom applications from the PDA. Then take everything off the SD card (format if possible). Then you can start again.

Put the blank 128mb SD Card into the PDA, connect to the copmputer / laptop.

Once a connection is made, run the first CD from the upgrade pack. This will ask you where you want the program to be stored. I chose the SD Card, try it.

Once the application has loaded, see if you are required to activate it. If you do, just follow the easy steps and register your product at www.ttcode.com

You should now be able to run tomtom from your PDA but you will not have any maps yet.

Once you have this, again run the set up disc and choose to install maps (I believe it is CD1, but am going off memory). Chose to install the GB Map (111 MB). This map contains detrailed mapping of GB. The Plus Map is the same as the GB Map with the addition of all mayor roads of Europe.
Again, chose to install this on the SD card. Once installed, you will be asked if you want to install the Postcodes. Again, put these on the SD Card.

All of this should fit (it did on my 128mb card) and you should still have room for the speed camera database and some voices as well.

Let me know how you get on. Wink
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ps, at the beginning of setup, it should ask you what sort of device you are using. Choose PPC. Laughing
goldoni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I did still hit a problem. I needed to load a bit of software so it could talk to my ipaq when loading, the software was on the first CD called: Load Windows CE now call me silly but I thought that was Windows CE. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Pistol Shoot Out

That being loaded it all went ok till I went to activate it. I was unable to activate till the maps were loaded so we loaded the map of the UK and the postcodes. The last trick played on me was when it gave me the code on my PC the code was wrong the screen was playing silly tricks a Q became a O so it would not work, Twisted Evil then after the third time of going through the whole process the O became a Q and all was well with the world. :D :D

I am about to try it out in the van and see if all is cool. Question

Thanks for all your input and sorry for not getting back before now. Driving

IPAQ Rz 1710
GPS driver v1.2

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: