Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Holux 236 / T3 / Tomtom 5.12
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Holux 236 / T3 / Tomtom 5.12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Holux 236 / T3 / Tomtom 5.12 Reply with quote

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has successfully paired a GPSlim 236 with a Tungsten T3 running Tomtom 5.12?

Tomtom won't tell me ("we don't test third party devices") and Holux have yet to reply to my email. Searches of this and other sites have proved fruitless...

I've seen many horror stories about compatability issues with TT5, so I'd like a definite answer before parting with my cash.

TIA
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine runs ok with the 2210 ,
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ttrevor, but I need to know specifically for Palm.

PPC is more configurable (specifying bluetooth com ports and suchlike) than Palm.

Normally the 'zen of Palm' means it is simple, stable and just works, so you don't need access to system configuration settings. Sadly Tomtom don't seem to have stuck with this philosophy and appear to expect you to fiddle with settings...which you can't really do very much with a Palm.

So the GPSlim 236 either works...or it doesn't. I'd really like to know which it is.

I must say that I am disappointed with Holux customer service - 5 days now and not even an acknowledgement of emails let alone a reply. 8O

Maybe I'd be better off with a Globalsat 338? Anyone know if that works with a Palm T3 and Tomtom 5.12?

Rolling Eyes
JM-HoluxUK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Please accept my apologies for the lack of response to your email.
I have checked with our technical department and they are not aware of any issues with a T3 running TomTom5 and pairing with the GR236.
Regards,
Julie
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie,

Thanks for the reply - apologies accepted! :D

I'll be ordering my 236 shortly...
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have made a good choice with the 236,mine is brilliant ,sits in the glovebox and picks up 8 sats no problem at all, :D
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, got my 236 today - for the record (in case any other Tungsten T3 owners are wondering) it works absolutely fine with TT5.12 Smile

...and as for the 236 itself, well so far I am really impressed - ttrevor you're absolutely right about the signal strength, even hidden in the glovebox. Seems to get fixes quickly too.

My tomtom MkI receiver will be going to GPS heaven very soon (and good riddance to it with it's frequent 15-20 minute TTFF!) :D
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D brilliant

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: