Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - More Globalpositioningsystems.co.uk bad service :(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

More Globalpositioningsystems.co.uk bad service :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyingFish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: More Globalpositioningsystems.co.uk bad service :( Reply with quote

Although a regular reader of this place I have only just joined these forums with the hope of getting a little help from you guys & gals.

I seem to be having what is turning out to be a big problem with www.globalpositioningsystem.co.uk

To cut a long story short, I bought a SD gps receiver for my pda from them, and it went faulty. I RMA'd the gps and they sent me a new one. A couple of months later it went faulty again (different faults tho). I got an RMA after an initially negative response from them, and so sent them my gps. I was instantly emailed to say the unit is now discontinued and to contact them for an alternative product, which I did straight away.

And that is where I'm stuck!

I've had no reply from them since, even tho I've included my telephone numbers for easy contact.

After more than a week of no contact, I emailed them again just in case they did not get the last email. At the same time ( just to be sure ) I contacted them thru their website contact pages. AND with the hope of a glimmer of light I emailed Catherine Hinchcliffe, as she seemed very good helping others who had problems with www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk.

STILL NO REPLY Sad

So they have had my faulty gps for two weeks now and I dont know where to go from here Question

I spent over £100 on this gps and now have no goods, just the silent treatment.

I have bought other things from them in the past with no problems, but that would seem to be the case...They are very willing to provide a telephone number to take your money, but no telephone number if you want any sort of support!

Oh well.

Mick
FlyingFish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea

Update: Surprisingly quicker than I thought, esp as its the weekend.

Catherine has just sent me an email, so I will let you know how it goes, fingers crossed Smile

Mick
FlyingFish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Been in contact some more with Catherine over the last two days, and it should'nt be long before a replacement gps is winging its way to me Smile

Let you know more soon.

Mick
FlyingFish
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Ending :D

I received a replacement gps receiver in the post this morning which is working wonderfully with my pda.

I would like to thank Catherine for all her help with this, she sorted the whole thing out very painlessly, while always staying in contact with me.

Thank You

Mick
sime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All
I am new here, I found this site earlier today but before I looked at the forums I looked at the adverts as I was looking for my first PDA with sat Nav so I clicked on the globalpositioningsystems.co.uk web site and I looked around and purchased from them.
I have now looked on these forums and have read your comments,
ARE THEY REALLY BAD?
HELP Crying or Very sad
sime
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just read a bit more and some people are happy I hope I will be a Laughing Rather than a Evil or Very Mad and Sad
gregb49
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sime wrote:
I have just read a bit more and some people are happy I hope I will be a Laughing Rather than a Evil or Very Mad and Sad
Maybe the lesson is to choose retailers who have a phone number for queries/support as well as for sales. Greg

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: