Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MDPPC250 and TomTom 5 help required
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MDPPC250 and TomTom 5 help required

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Detty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: MDPPC250 and TomTom 5 help required Reply with quote

Hi, I’m trying to get tomtom5 working on a Medion MDPPC250 (MD41584) and am completely stuck. I’m going to the US and Canada at the end of this week and assumed I could just install it a few days before I go and all will be fine :wall:
I’ve read of people successfully running tomtom5 on this so is it something I’m doing?

I have no problems getting a fix when using the supplied software or Navigon 5. However when I run tomtom and check the GPS status the little blue and yellow widget in the top right corner begins to spin but the UTC time either doesn’t appear or freezes. It’s never even been close to seeing a single satellite. I’m using the settings - ‘other cable NMEA GPS’, 4800 Baud & S2410 on COM1 - the same as with Navigon.

I’ve tried leaving it looking for satellites for a good hour and I’ve tried reinstalling from a hard reset only installing tomtom. It’s made no difference at all.
I read in a different thread that there is a GPS firmware update available for the PPC150 that allows the GPS receiver to be used with other software. Is it possibly the case for this also?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer – I really am at my wits end with this.

Steve
Detty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some more messing I've finally got it working.
If anyone else is having the same problem I installed WinFast Navigator CE and changed the baud rate to 4800 (it was on 9600).
As soon as I ran tomtom again it got an immediate fix with 7 satellites.

<--happy :D
cliffy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
have sent you a message hope you got it re having same prob us you, i need some help please
harmudge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

I am also having the same problem.
I am also using a Medion MDPPC250 with original Sat Receiver, as supplied through Halfords. Not sure as to what make it is.

I recently tried to use tomtom 5. I downloaded to the ppc o.k. The maps and voices were working o.k. I plugged everything in, but I could not get the receiver to find a satelite. I tried different settings with baud rate etc, in tomtom's settings menu, but still no satelite's.

Any help much appreciated.

Harmudge.
philip4242
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread may hold the answer for you !

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22551&highlight=

Philip
harmudge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks for the help Philip. All seems O.K.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: