Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Voices . . Help!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Voices . . Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: TomTom Voices . . Help! Reply with quote

Anyone please help!

I have just received my Yakumo PDA with TomTom installed. I plug the PDA into the USB on the PC, but the PC doesn't recognise it as a PDA, so it will not show up in the devices list!

Also, I just cannot find how to get into the 'voices' folder on the PDA using the menu.

My instructions say go to Change Preferences, press right arrow 3 times, select 'change voice' . . but I do seem to have these options on my menu!

I have:

navigate to, alternate routes, turn sound on, use night colours, find, show poi, turn 3d view off, gps status, hide map, turn guidance on, exit application, switch map, properties.

I need help guys . . please . . . !
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get the PC to work with the PDA you will need Active Sync if Pocket PC or Hot Sync if its a Palm device, the Active Sync is avail from Microsoft as a download if the PDA didn't come with it.
As for the TomTom can you confirm that it is version three that you are using. you found the button for "turn sound ON" give that a try then go to properties where there is a seperate slider bar for the volume and a check box to active sounds, hope this is of some use cheers - Mike
Masked-Marauder
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the change preferences pages, there should be triangle on it's side pointing right at the bottom right hand corner of the page. Touch it to advance to the next page.

If it is missing then your install is messed up.
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: TT Voices Reply with quote

Hi guys,

OK. The Yakumo 300 (Pocket PC) is the same as Mitac Mio 168. I have checked, and active sync is installed. I clicked on it (says Not Connected), click on green sync button . . nothing happens. I don't know what else to do. Plugged into USB . . nothing . .

TomTom has a volume slide-bar in Preferences with: general, poi, advanced options at the bottom of the screen. I don't know what version this is (I assume v3).

I need all the help I can get.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
you found the button for "turn sound ON" give that a try then go to properties where there is a seperate slider bar for the volume and a check box to active sounds, hope this is of some use

Can you confirm that you have done all of the above, and does the sound work or not, in addition what volume is the PDA set to give out (press the speaker icon on the top tool bar of the main PDA today screen (the normal desktop)- Mike
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: TomTom Voices . . Help! Reply with quote

Ahoy again!

Jeesh . . what a nightmare! I've been told by the vendor that I have TT 3.1 installed (this may be why I do not get certain icons for navigation). Anyway, I've installed ActiveSync on my PC and finally married the 2 together. Strange that I have Outlook installed on my PC and it comes up saying it isn't when trying to sync calendar and contacts.

Anyway, is it possible to install voice files onto v 3.1 of TT or not? If not, how do I upgrade my version to TT5? I also have POI updates/speed camera database file etc etc.

Much appreciated help still needed.
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help you with your sync problems but have a look here for upgrading TomTom Website Upgrade Page

Shiver me timbers, ho ho ho and a bottle of rum and all that.
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: TT Voices Reply with quote

Ahoy . . . again!

So, it appears that one has to pay for the updated version! Can anyone advise about voice files using v3.1 (can't see a voices file in there) and the other POI/speed cam updates?

I know I am being a pain the the preverbrial . . but this is REALLY essential for my work and I need to get this thing sorted ASAP. If anyone can advise about Outlook being reported as not installed so I can sort out my address book/calendar etc that would be appreciated too.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I had trouble initially with Outlook, but once I installed Outlok 2002 everything worked fine (which version of Outlook are you using?), as to the voice files you cannot use the voices from T5 or 5,1, the voices for TT3 should be installed by default when TT3 was installed - I will have a dig around on one of my 4700 units later on tonight and see if I can find the specific file(s) for you to have a look for, does the PDA play any sound at all - try playing mp3 via media player to confirm at least the PDA is OK - will post later if I find anythng cheers - Mike
Pirate77
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: TT3 (PDA) - Help? - I've done something wrong! Reply with quote

Anyone!

I tried updating TT3.3 to 3.7. Somehow I am no longer able to access TT Navigator from the menu. I have 'lost the maps' on the PDA as when I now click on TT Navigator it says:

'No maps found, please install and activate an original TomTom Navigator 3 map first'.

I have looked inside the GB Map folder on the PDA and there appears to be 2 files missing: cnode.dat and cline.dat (75 MB total - I only have 17 MB free). When I try to replace them I get a message stating that there is insufficent space for the files. No surprise there then!

I have no idea if these are the specific files that are needed, and if they are, how to get tham back onto the PDA. If not, then I'm snookered. By the way, why is the SD card required? Does TomTom read from it all the time?

I have no idea how to uninstall and re-install. My PDA arrived with it pre-installed. I have a back-up copy on CD, but now I am loathed to do anything else.

Can anyone help PLEASE?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check PM

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: