Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Demo maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Demo maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Demo maps Reply with quote

About a year ago I tried a demo map of my home county in Wales. There were so many errors that I did not go ahead and purchase.
I thought I would try the latest map to see if it had improved, so I downloaded Navigator 4.46 and the local map, but when I tried to run it I got a message saying that the map (which I had downloaded 5 minutes previously) "had expired. Please go to www.mapopolis.com to purchase maps"
I presume that this is to prevent people from continuing to download demo maps every 9 days to avoid purchasing. But I need to see if it is any better before I go ahead and purchase. Is there any way round this?
Another question - on the list of maps I didn't see a main road map of the whole of UK which I presume you need, together with street level maps of start and finish. Does this exist for UK?
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used
DennyL
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bought Mapopolis but I have evaluated it. I understand that UK Trunkroads is not available as a demo, but you get it when you make a purchase.
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Denny. I also sent this query to Mapopolis, and had a very helpful reply within 3 hours - and at the weekend!!!!! I couldn't believe it after my experiences with TomTom customer services.
They have let me have the latest updated map of my home county to evaluate, and it's a huge improvement on the one I tried last year. I will almost certainly subscribe when I return from holiday next month.
Having used this version, I have a query. I have assigned a hardware button to "Detour now". When Mapopolis tried to take me up a road I didn't want to take, I pressed that button and a small screen came up with various distances marked, the first being, I think, 0.2 miles. But there is no description of this function in the manual, so I had Crystal telling me to turn round at every opportunity. It was at least a mile before she gave up and calculated a new route. On other occasions the rerouting has been almost instantaneous. Is there any way I can force a reroute using that hardware button. I'm sure Lutz will know how, if he is reading this!
Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: