Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM 700 AND ZAFIRA ATHERMIC WINDSCREEN
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM 700 AND ZAFIRA ATHERMIC WINDSCREEN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
onezone
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM 700 AND ZAFIRA ATHERMIC WINDSCREEN Reply with quote

Anyone got any stories about the Vauxhall Zafira with the athermic (is that spelt right?) windscreen..

As my friend is considering getting a TT, but he has the windscreen that keeps the car cooler inside..

Otherwise would have to buy an external antenna?
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a bluetooth receiver then you can mount it behind the rear view mirror where there is a clear section which doesn't have the heat reflecting coating. Alternatively, you can put the receiver in the back window which is not heat reflecting.
Stanley_Tweedle
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just check but I don't think the TT GO range supports Bluetooth GPS receivers; it would be handy if it did! Many of us rely on the external antenna; not sure if you need it with the Zafira though.
StanStill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deliver Vauxhall demonstrators and agree that the reception in some of them is poor due to the windscreen coating. I bought an external aerial to get over the problem of this and poor reception in London.

As I only drive the vehicles for a short time, I put the aerial on the roof of the car and close the door gently over the cable. If you do this make sure that the aerial is on a flat part of the roof because if it is curved it will fly off at speed and crash against your window!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: TOMTOM 700 AND ZAFIRA ATHERMIC WINDSCREEN Reply with quote

onezone wrote:
Anyone got any stories about the Vauxhall Zafira with the athermic (is that spelt right?) windscreen..

As my friend is considering getting a TT, but he has the windscreen that keeps the car cooler inside..

Otherwise would have to buy an external antenna?

If you are talking about a GO then the external antenna is well worth the money if reception is poor due to an athermic windscreen.
Encantador
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: I had a Zafira...... Reply with quote

Happily used the TT Go on the drivers door window.
Panicked a few times when approaching a toll booth and had to whip it off quickly.
Worried at first that it might fall off when opening and closing the door but it never did.
Not perfect but it worked for me.
StanStill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't recommend sticking it to the drivers door window, it is too easy to forget when you wind down the window and sometimes the suction on the mount is not always perfect. You open the door and it could easily fall onto the path, it is your money but I wouldn't do it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: