Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI help
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eversonl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: POI help Reply with quote

I am new to all this and I have a question regarding POIs

I have managed to get TT51 installed with CheckPOInt502....All seems well. However, there is also the Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database.

Now can the two work together on TT51?

the page here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php only covers TT 1 to 3 and mentions instructions for checkPOInt.

So what should I be doing? Using POIedit, CheckPOInt or installing the database from this site.. or can you do all three????

help, please.....my head hursts Sad
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi eversonl,

Have a look at the CheckPOInt instructions, but there are some guides that should be read (in the following order). You may find that you just want to use the built-in Proximity Alerts:

Arrow The beginner’s guide to the PocketGPSWorld camera database.
This explains about the different camera types and about categories and subcategories, so that you can decide how you want the database on your unit.

Depending on whether you have TomTom Navigator on a Pocket PC or TomTom GO, please read either:

Arrow How to install (camera database) POIs to TomTom Navigator 5.
This guide explains how to load the PocketGPSWorld camera database onto a Pocket PC running TomTom Navigator 5.

Arrow How to install (camera database) POIs onto a TomTom GO.
This guide explains how to load the PocketGPSWorld camera database onto your TomTom GO.

The above guides may look lengthy and complicated when first seen. However if you grab a cup of coffee and read each one thoroughly then they should make sense as they have been written in a step-by-step way, for ease of reading.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
alan_m
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: POI help Reply with quote

eversonl wrote:
I am new to all this and I have a question regarding POIs

I have managed to get TT51 installed with CheckPOInt502....All seems well. However, there is also the Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database.

Now can the two work together on TT51?

the page here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php only covers TT 1 to 3 and mentions instructions for checkPOInt.

So what should I be doing? Using POIedit, CheckPOInt or installing the database from this site.. or can you do all three????

i) TT5 has many POI features that TT3 lacked. You may find that all you need is TT5 without a third party program. To install the speed camera[1] database follow the instructs for the GO product. i.e. after unzipping the downloaded file find the folder called 'ov2bmp files' and copy pairs of files for each speed camera category to into the map folder on your PDA. Enable these PIOs in the TT5 menus to show them on the screen and/or to give audible warning when you approach them.

See
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=21790

ii) Checkpoint for TT5 works in almost the same way as the version for TT3. The interface is slightly different but most of the settings within the menus are the same. The instructions for TT3 can be used as a guide about what to do.

On my system (Dell Axim x3, 400MHz) Checkpoint seems to work better for external POI warnings than the function that is built into TT5. I have disabled the Checkpoint on screen graphics. However, many people have reported just as many problems with Checkpoint as with the TT5 POI functions.

[1] The authorities like to call them safety cameras but while driving in Kent the other week I saw many signs with the words 'Speed Cameras'
Hoppy
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to use the pocketgpsworld camera database with CheckPOint, put the camera ov2 and bitmap files in the GB map folder on your PDA, start CheckPOint which ever way you prefer. navigate yourself to the overlay settings, there will be a number of folders the bottom one says " not synchronized" open that folder inside you will find all the POI's that you have put in the GB map folder, highlight on each one in turn then click properties and set the properties from there for each camera.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: