Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTN5 and London CC zone / toll roads
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTN5 and London CC zone / toll roads

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: TTN5 and London CC zone / toll roads Reply with quote

Does TTN5 still recognise the London Congestion Charge zone? It seems to refer to everything as a 'toll road', but does that include the London Congestion Charge zone? (I'm sure TTN3 used to explicitly call it the London CC Zone).

The reason I ask is that I planned a route from Buckinghamshire to Kent. TTN5 seemed to take me anti-clockwise round the south part of the M25 (which makes sense), but it said a 'toll road' was on the route. When it asked me if I wanted to avoid it, I said yes, and it replanned cutting straight across the centre of London, from west to east. Now this obviously MUST have gone through the Congestion Charge zone, yet according to TTN5 this was its non-toll-road route??!!

So what's going on?!
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT5 has always recognised the CC zone OK for me (although of course does not know the hours and days it operates and which vehicles are in excempt categories etc)

The zone is very small, it is quite easy to go through Central London without entering it - for example, Buckinghamshire to Kent -

A40 - Westway - Edgware Road - Park Lane - Grosvenor Place - Vauxhall Bridge Road - Kennington Lane - Elephant and Castle - New Kent Road - Old Kent Road - A2
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, fair enough, thanks for that. Like I say, it does recognise it for me too, but I think I was just getting a bit confused because I'm sure it used to refer to it as the London CC Zone, but now, when it just says toll road, it's harder to tell what it's talking about. Still, I don't suppose there are too many other toll roads in central London?! I guess you're right about travelling through London without going through the zone - perhaps it's just my knowledge of London that's at fault?! :D

Cheers.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The reason I ask is that I planned a route from Buckinghamshire to Kent. TTN5 seemed to take me anti-clockwise round the south part of the M25 (which makes sense), but it said a 'toll road' was on the route.

The Dartford Crossing on the M25 is classified as a toll road. Therefore a route from, for instance, Aylsebury in Bucks to North Kent which would normally use the North part of the M25 and include the Dartford Crossing would be indicated as a including a toll road.

Roger
voice_of_reason
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough, I'm in Aylesbury! I was planning a route that went round the south part of the M25, so not sure where TTN5 was hitting a toll road. I'm sure TT was correct - like I say, it's probably just me displaying my ignorance of the London area!
jazzydan58
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP BUMP BUMP

Does anyone know if tom tom are going to fix this bug in an update?

I live in Ashford and if I plan a route to central London near the congestion zone, it doesnt allow me to just miss out the zone it also wants me to miss out the Dartford Tolls. Anyway round this?

I dont mind going through the dartford tolls or similar but I do not ever want to go in the London congestion zone, anyway of doing it?

It used to be easy on TomTom 3!

Think I may have to change back!
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I live in Ashford and if I plan a route to central London near the congestion zone, it doesnt allow me to just miss out the zone it also wants me to miss out the Dartford Tolls. Anyway round this?

Is that Ashford in Kent?

If it is then how can any route to central London include the Dartford Tolls?

I take your point though, you can either avoid tolls completely or not at all. There is no option to avoid individual toll roads.

Roger
jazzydan58
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is Ashford Kent, although I wouldnt go through the tolls on that paticular journey there are others (ie severn bridge in wales heading to england and into london) my first idea was not a very good example but you get my drift!

Does the avoid tolls definetly avoid the congestion zone?

I think I have decided to go back to Tom Tom 3 I will just update the maps (when I figure out how to do it!)
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does the avoid tolls definitely avoid the congestion zone?

Yes, until Red Ken decides to extend it!

Roger
bond007
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here is another funny regarding Toll roads. The M6 toll road is classified as a Toll Road in TT5 (I assume). However, when I planned a journey from Wolverhampton to Milton Keynes and asked TT5 for the quickest route (bear in mind I have avoid Toll roads as a required option), TT5 told me to go onto the M42, the M6 Toll road and then back onto the M6/M1.

The quickest route for me is straight down the M6 then M1.......

Guess TT5 does not recognise the M6 Toll as a Toll road...... unless I am doing something wrong here?????
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It recognises it as a toll road for me when I have planned journeys using it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: