Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - DC connector for TT Go 500?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

DC connector for TT Go 500?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tetrode
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: DC connector for TT Go 500? Reply with quote

Does anyone have a source for the male coaxial connector used for the Go 500's DC power input? I'm planning to make up a 5V regulator/crowbar assembly to be permanently mounted in the car but don't want to cannibalise the TomTom cigar-lighter lead if it can be avoided.

Nothing in the RS or Maplin catalogues looks quite the same -- anyone know a source, or a reference?

John
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted a possible source on the "My" forum
stuart
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Power supply for TTG 500 Reply with quote

I have found that the 12volt power supply lead for my Ipaq 3950/CoPilot4 jacket also runs my TTG 500..It is a 5 volt supply with the correct plug. So search on ebay for someones old gear they may be ditching.
CaptainBoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The connector required needs to be 4.0mm OD and 1.5mm ID. The closest match Maplin has is L46AY 4.0/1.7.
I have tried a right angle version which was part of a mains adaptor where you can select different tips. Mine has a yellow tip to it and I believe the replacement is AR22Y but you may need to get to a store to try it.
Even though it is designed to plug into an adaptor lead you can easily solder wires to it and being a right angle it fits the mounting shoe reasonably well.
Tetrode
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the replies and for the steer to Canford. It looks as though the TT connector is the variety with a 10mm shaft and an ID of 2.1mm (the Canford part number is 44-201) but I'll confirm that when it arrives.

Amazing how one has about a dozen connectors in the junk box that look 'about right' but which don't actually fit . . .

Cheers,

John
Tetrode
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>The connector required needs to be 4.0mm OD and 1.5mm ID.<

That's interesting, and I suspect you're right. The connector from Canford that I thought might do the job arrived today but unfortunately it has too large a diameter to fit the TT socket.

>The closest match Maplin has is L46AY 4.0/1.7. I have tried a right angle version which was part of a mains adaptor where you can select different tips. Mine has a yellow tip to it and I believe the replacement is AR22Y but you may need to get to a store to try it. <

Unfortunately I don't have a local Maplin but will check it out next time I'm in Birmingham.

Many thanks.

John

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: