Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which TomTom to "Go for?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which TomTom to "Go for?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skoobaskunk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Which TomTom to "Go for? Reply with quote

Hi there,

Newbie here to this forum, but not to SatNav or TomTom products or legendary customer service. Have had a quick look on the forum and couldn't see this, so apologies if this has (no doubt) been asked before.

I am thinking about moving away from TomTom's PDA based navigation system, I can't be doing with attaching crades, wired GPS units, etc, etc, anymore. I was thinking about buying a BT gps receiver, but that's just another component that needs charging and carrying around.

Anyway I'm think about buying a TomTom Go and am not sure if to go for the 500 or 700 Navigation, and just wondered if people thought that the 700 was worth the additional expense?

I'm not sure that I really want to carry around a unit that has a hard drive in it, and have read on here that the performance on the 500 seems to be quicker than the 700. All of my driving is limited to the UK, so I really have no need for European maps at the moment. The wirefree BT phone access is a must for me, which is why I am not considering the 300.

I have found the TomTom Go 500 plus a free additional mount arm for £444 (anyone know of any cheaper?) including free p&p. Add the cost of a remote from ebay for £30, bring the total to to £474.

I have found the TomTom 700 for £529 (no additional mount arm)including free p&p.

That's almost a difference of £50 between the two units. I already own my own 2GB SD card from my PDA, could I use this to load maps to and use with a Go 500, or do I need to use the SD provide by TomTom?

Basically based on the information above, is it worth going for the 500 or 700, as other than remote, RAM, maps and HD there isn't much difference between the two? Does the 700 warrant the additional expense?
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking at the 500 and 700 then you need to decide if you need the full European map coverage. If not then get the 500, if you do or may do in the future then get the 700.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: