Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Gggrrrrrr help me get rid of them!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Gggrrrrrr help me get rid of them!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Gggrrrrrr help me get rid of them! Reply with quote

I have done a checkpoing sync with their website and it's put lots of other poi's on my Mio 168,,, how do I get rid of the ones I don't want,,, or all of them??? can't find the file anywhere!!! and I have really looked!!! :-\

Help please
Andy_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checkpoint, even!
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not having used the sync part of CheckPOInt I am not to sure, but if you start CheckPOInt and then tap the Overlay settings you should be able to disable the poi's that you do not require, then have a look in your Great Britain map folder (on storage card) and see if those poi's are in that folder, if they are then you can delete them.
Andy_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the sync doesn't seem to realise that you never 'ticked the box' it just gives you literally hundreds of POI's
Yes the POI's are disabled but it has slowed Checkpoint down a lot, that's why I would like to remove them altogether!!
They are definately not in the storage card, I put another card in and they are still there :-\
I have uninstalled checkpoint and reinstalled it, even went to the extreme of doing the same with Tom Tom,, and guess what! still there

HELP!
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure that these are not default TomTom poi's, if you have configured CheckPOInt not to use them then they should not show on the map, if you are convinced that they are from CheckPOInt then not what they are called, then use File Explorer to see if you can locate them that way, I am sure that they would only be on your storage card (or) My Documents/CheckPOInt Files folder (or) Program Files/ ??

Does your unit have a My Flash Disk, they may be in there.

You could use a reg-edit program and remove them from the CheckPOInt reg settings;

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CheckPOInt Software\CheckPOInt\Types

You would need to click on Count, then set that to 0

Then delete all of the folders below that (Type0, Type1 etc), which in your case there are going to be a lot, as each poi has it's own folder

Then close the reg edit program, soft-reset your PDA and then you need to re-configure CheckPOInt with ONLY the poi's you need.

Reg Edit program download (to install - unzip - then place the .cab file via ActiveSync in any folder on your PDA, then using File Explorer go to it and then Tap on it to install. To run it goto Programs and Tap Reg Edit. Then on the Tools tab - Find - then make sure that Look at Keys - Values - Data are all ticked, then in the Find What box enter ChckPOInt, look down for the above.

http://www.amngps4.wanadoo.co.uk/files/Reg_edit.zip

If that's no good then I'm lost as well to help any further, come on the experts.
Andy_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I was thinking that they might be the default Tom Tom POI's and that Checkpoint took over managing them!!!
I just know that they weren't there before I did a sync but after I did they were,,,,, and check point got slower!!
Anyway,, I spent a while following your advice with the registry editor but ran out of time and wiped the lot and re-installed it all again,, what a hassle.....
Is there another sync program that I can use without going through all that again???

Thanks for the help

Andy
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just Install CheckPOInt, BUT DO NOT SYNC, then download what ever files you require,
(eg Safety Camera - http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras.php )
place them in Great_Britain_Navigation_Map folder on your storage card, then just config CheckPOInt, no sync, no hassle.

Use the .ov2 files for CheckPOInt.
Andy_
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did that before and had it working perfectly,,, just thought it would be easier to do a sync,,, thought I may even get the updated files sooner!!!

I did notice somewhere here someone did a list of all the individual files that they installed,,, it was handy as a reference to make sure I had them all,,, now I can't find that post :-(

Any ideas where it was????

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: