Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ttg 300 - can't activate maps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ttg 300 - can't activate maps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larrydavid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: ttg 300 - can't activate maps Reply with quote

hi all, first time post..... ive tried searching the numerous posts on the process of activation but couldnt find a definitive solution to my problem...

so, i bought the ttg 300 today and maps of western europe (which i'm not sure is even compatible). made the initial mistake, ive belatedly learned, of removing the original benelux maps from the sd card. i then loaded the benelux maps from cd. so far so good i thought, then when it came to activation.... i entered my product code supplied in the box, then the correct device code, then when presented with the activation code i get the message "sorry, this is not the correct activation code for the product Benelux".

so, then trying the same process on the website, i used the product code for the western maps of europe cds, and the i get the following message "This product can no longer be activated"

i have emailed customer support and triend ringing the various contact numbers all afternoon to no avail.

WHAT A MESS! if anyone can help in any way, it would be hugely appreciated. thanks for your time.

mark
smallfreak
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ttg 300 - can't activate maps Reply with quote

larrydavid wrote:
so, i bought the ttg 300 today and maps of western europe (which i'm not sure is even compatible).
so, then trying the same process on the website, i used the product code for the western maps of europe cds, and the i get the following message "This product can no longer be activated"

The MoWE is compatible with all GO versions.
Let me guess: You did not buy the "Maps of Western Europe" in the store or from TomTom but "second hand"? Your package contains 4 CD's?

If the assumption is true, someone sold you the old maps which he already has updated for his own use and now had no more use for the old ones. In this case you can do nothing but return the maps and ask for a refund as the maps have been invalidated during the update and you can trash them safely. That it is completely beyond the license agreement to sell "used" maps is another story.

Some options to get this running are

- Buy a full version of the "MoWE 2005" (not available yet, but expected "soon") at an authorised dealer.
    - Return the GO for "repair"
    - find another one who uses the same "national version" as the one you have (Benelux), convince him to break the license agreement and hand you a copy of the Benelux map. This one can probably be activated with your code in your GO again.
larrydavid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the prompt reply

you're right, i do have the package that contains 4 cds but i didn't buy them second hand. i bought them from the same supposedly 'reputable' store where i got the go 300.

so at the moment i have no other option than return the mowe pack and wait for the new one to hit the shops? there's no other way to get the sytem up and running before then?
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a batch of the "old" MOWE that came with the wrong product code sticker in the box. Ring TomTom (may need to hang on a bit) and explain. They will send you a new code which will work. Well, it worked for me!!

Number is: 0845 161 0009
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: