Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Amazon and TTG
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazon and TTG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Amazon and TTG Reply with quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/detail/offer-listing/-/B000816M6C/new/ref%3Dsdp%5Fnewce/026-5220584-6833237
Hmm... does this look too good to be true?
John.
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Read this please Reply with quote

Hi, This is a copy of something I put on the scammers list last week. It might answer your question.
"Just to update you, I "bought" a Tom Tom Go 300 for £200 from a guy called mergetata@yahoo.com on Friday from Amazon Marketplace. Again, knowing you will get reimbursed by Amazon, I emailed the guy a couple of times about delivery and he was very evasive but kept pointing out this was the full product, lots of maps etc and he has a shop and is clearing liquidated stock.
He then told me that my money had been refunded but needed my full name and address to give to Amazon to start the delivery process again. I gave hime my work address and lo and behold, five minutes later, I got an email from Amazon Payments requesting I pay the £200 by Western Union to him in an address in Romania. I told him politely to squat and told rang Amazon who then promptly took off all his other dodgy dealings (about 15 in all, all posted the same time).
I have now bought one from Halfords for the full price but there are some still selling on Amazon for about £90! These also have lifetime ratings etc quoted so please beware. You will also find these drop from the list like nobodys business and then suddenly reappear with a different name. Avoid the cheap prices with those that ask you to email me first.
Hope this stops someone from losing some money. I only did this because I knew Amazon will refund your money in the case of a dodgy deal.
Doug"
These hot deals appear and disappear like the wind. Amazon told me that they are actively looking at this product and removing the obvious scam listings.
Just beware.
Doug
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that answers your question John......... it's either gone or been removed. They change like the wind, as I said before. I would buy a proper one at the real price, at least you have that security.
Doug
jmk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Doug, but I had no plans to buy at that low price.... If it looks too good to be true then it aint!
I have had one on order from Maplins for a few days now...
I see that both the TTG's on Amazon, - new for £180 and one for £ 190 have been removed from the list.
John.
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
I did not realise that my Treo 650 could take the Tom Tom Navigator unit and am about to return a unit I bought from Halfords for £359.99 on Saturday to them and get the other one.
I only used it yesterday for the first time, it has the speed camera software on it and I would sell it to you, if you were interested, for £325 postage free.
I have a good feedback on eBay. If you were interested, ring me on 07813 646559 and we could discuss it.
It is a genuine offer, I have receipts etc, it's as new. Might save you waiting for Maplins to get one.
Regards
Doug
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant £369.99 which I think is the current Maplin's pricing.
Doug
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going on eBay tonight for £330 with free postage. If you're interested, please text or reply to this.
Doug
jmk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dougproctor wrote:
John,Might save you waiting for Maplins to get one.
Regards
Doug

Doug,
Maplins will give you vouchers for 30 quid off if you spend over £300 with them so it is worth waiting a few days for delivery...
In the mean time I have my iPAQ 2210 with TTN to use.. now YOU could buy that when my TTG arrives... Wink
John
(end of thread)
dougproctor
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,
Sold it on eBay within 3 hours for the asking price. Perhaps it was too cheap......
Doug
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do they charge to sell stuff on e-bay?
benlast
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EBay charges are usually no more than a couple of quid. I never usually put a "Buy It Now" (fixed price) option on, since in the past most items I've sold have gone for significantly more than the price I'd have put, especially big-ticket items (like a TiVo, for example).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: