Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Map compatability TT mobile 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Map compatability TT mobile 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmarks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Map compatability TT mobile 5 Reply with quote

I currently own TT mobile 4 & TT3 with maps of western europe for my PDA.
I switched over to TT mobile so I only needed to carry one device around with me & it seems to work well.

I am looking at upgrading to TT mobile 5, however, I currently use the country maps from the western europe CD & most importantly the major roads of europe map with TT mobile 4. Will these still work with mobile 5 - if not is there a major roads of europe supplied at all?
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I hav read, No TT3 maps will not work. TTN4 might...

MRE is not available currently on Mobile (and there is some dispute as to wether it will be available on TTN5 as well).
mmarks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a real pain for me then.

TT4 mobile was a large investment for me, and only made because I could use my existing MRE map & western europe CD. Otherwise I wouldn't buy 2 systems!!

If MRE is not available in TT mobile 5, then cross border travel (i.e. touring Europe) is a real pain, I would have to work out the route before I set off and navigate to each border seperately (and have all the country maps along my route loaded into my phone.......

With MRE I only needed the source country, destination country and MRE was fine for anywhere in between.

I do hope tomtom change this as otherwise upgrading to TT mobile 5 would be impractical for me. No doubt when they do release MRE for the mobile product, the upgrade offer will have finished!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: