Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Hard wire for Navman 635
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Hard wire for Navman 635

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fordy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Hard wire for Navman 635 Reply with quote

Hi
Has anyone hard wired ther unit to there car, am after a unit to replace the cigar lighter plug in voltage reducer no luck at maplins so can anyone help to point me in the right direction
chriz1000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the way I did it was first I bought this device http://l8shop.net/products/Universal-Double-Cigarette-Lighter-Adaptor-2547.asp
Which you can hardwire 2 different devices with.
1) Cut the male cigarette power adaptor off this device, strip the wires back a bit.
2) Find the wires going into your car cigarette lighter socket
3) Use a craft knife and expose the bear wire on both positive and negative wires
4) Solder the positive to positive on the adaptor you bought and the negative to the negative.
5) Plug the Navman adapter into the new adapter behind the dash, use some duck tape to secure it in place (even though it’s a very snug fit) and its all done!

Simple as that, shouldn’t take you more than 20 mins and this method would work on any device with a cigarette lighter power adaptor. Doing it this way means no messing around with circuit boards trying to get the right voltage and has worked perfectly for me since I did it a few days ago. I think if you only use the device in one car this is a must, the first day I had the Navman it reset every bump I went over because the adapter kept falling out of the lighter socket as it weighs so much.
russgunn
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could by a genuine Navman hard wire kit for £24.99 from the Navman-Europe website and get a local garage to connect it to your car's ignition. That way it will power on and off with the car!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: