Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GOT A TOM TOM GO 300 TODAY
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GOT A TOM TOM GO 300 TODAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomtom300user
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: GOT A TOM TOM GO 300 TODAY Reply with quote

Popped into pc world in york today to see if they had them in lucky they had 9 delivered this morning so i bought one Laughing
hegedusa
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: GOT A TOM TOM GO 300 TODAY Reply with quote

tomtom300user wrote:
Popped into pc world in york today to see if they had them in lucky they had 9 delivered this morning so i bought one Laughing

I got one from comet in Basildon earlier this afternoon. They only had one for sale - the other one they had was for display, apparently.

It's rather impressive - compared to my last tomtom, which is running on an old ipaq pocket PC.

Things I've found so far:

- the map scrolls smoothly, which is great for roundabouts
- on looking for a house number on a particular road, the map database had a "12" and also a "9,12". The "9,12" was correct (where number 9 and 12 are) but the "12" was further down the road.
- Chapel Street in Billericay is marked as 2-way at the junction with the high street, and it's been one way for the last 8 years at least. This was wrong on the previous few versions of tomtom as well.

The sound quality is very crisp and clear and very loud!

Anthony
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... Amazon have mine listed for delivery 4 - 11 May. May have to pop down to PC world.
Eldar
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you people tried the TRAFFIC yet?
michaelh85
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice DHL woman brought mine at 8:20 this morning. (Makes it a bargain with Maplin staff discount!) :D
SL33PYH34D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelh85 wrote:
Very nice DHL woman brought mine at 8:20 this morning. (Makes it a bargain with Maplin staff discount!) :D

Had mine deliverd by DHL this morning too although mine came from Currys.
PC World seem to have plenty of stock as well - advantage being you can reserve online for store pickup too.
Much as it pains me to praise DSG, they appear to have come up trumps in getting the Go 300 in pretty much first and at the same price everywhere else is selling for too. 8O
Can't believe that Amazon still don't appear to have stock - they must have let a fair few people down who'd pre-ordered.

Haven't had much of a chance to play with it yet, other than pairing it with my P910i (which strangely is not in the list of phones that comes up when setting up the GPRS connection - the P800 and P900 are there along with just about every other SE handset other than the P910i - I selected P900 and it appears to work fine).

Sattelite reception seems exceptional - sat on my desk about 2 metres from the nearest window have got seven sats - thats seven more than my Holux GR230 can manage in the same place. Not having had a Go Classic I can't compare results however.

Will have to find an excuse to go out in a while so shall report back later on results.
SL33PYH34D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelh85 wrote:

michaelh85 - Just noticed - do you have the ability to go back in time? You said yours was delivered at 8.20am yet you posted this info at 7.52am. Wink
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forum time is on GMT not BST, so sorry time travel hasnt been perfected yet!! :P
SL33PYH34D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That explains it then. Laughing
SHC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drove 40 miles to York PC World, drove back using it. Seems very good so far, very smooth. (Didnt freeze like my ipaq 4700 and TTN3) No AC lead though!
Have a better play later.
AlanK
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested to hear how it compares to a 4700 and BT unit that i have in front of me.

Still trying to decide if the TT Go would be better for walking around with in my hand aswell as lugging between rental cars. The 'BT' unit seems to work well so far but could do without it hence the interest in the Go.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: