Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - General Advice Please
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

General Advice Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrData
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: General Advice Please Reply with quote

Question I'm looking to purchase my first GPS system as I'm now travelling (and getting lost) a lot more due to work commitments.

Having looked at various posts on this site and others I'm totally confused and would appreciate some general advice on the type of system I should get.

I don't intend driving abroad so don't see the necessity of having overseas maps but do need comprehensive maps of all UK major towns and cities. Also I need something that will allow for recalculating the route automatically if the advised route is deviated from.

Would I be better off going for one of the PDA types and what are the benefits of these against an in car system? Also does the software come with these as I've noticed people mention having to buy the software?

I was looking to buy something like a Navman ICN 510 however in one of the many posts I've read someone mentioned that the 510 does not have a remote control.

Appolgies for asking so many questions but I'd rather ask them now rather than buy the wrong thing later.
killbill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a tomtom go from www.totalpda.co.uk . i was the same situation as yourself and was not sure what to go for. I called there sales lines and explaind i was new to gps, they asked me a couple of simple questions that might help you.

Do you need a handheld computer, acces the internet, email etc?
no
Do you need satnav outside the car?
no
Do you need something simple and easy to use?
yes

I was then advised to look at the tomtom go, i bought a go and its exactly what i wanted. I am not a gadget man i just need something from A-B that was easy to use. If you are the same as me then have a look at the go, also they can install the speedcamera software onto the go.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: