Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - difficulty in syncing acer pda with the computer
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

difficulty in syncing acer pda with the computer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gune
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: difficulty in syncing acer pda with the computer Reply with quote

hi for past few hours i have been trying to syncing the acer pda n35 with my computer... could not/..
i tried trouble shooter etc. not working.
i installed active sync as told and then later uninstaled it as suggested by the trouble shooter.
tried soft resetting the pda several times after each these steps suggested by the help centre..
it seems as connected machine detects acer and sync mark comes strangely for n30 Rolling Eyes and then goes off!!! Rolling Eyes
states device not detected..
device manager tackeled also.. did usb hub checking.. windows says usb hubs working fine..
i have wasted nearly 5 hours and got really fed up!!! Evil or Very Mad
do not know what is wrong?
please HELP!!!! Crying or Very sad
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

things like this happen when your PC security is set too high. Disable any kind of Firewall or Zonealarm or process monitor for the installation of ActiveSync (yep, you need that back!) and for the initial bonding.

Install ActiveSync WITHOUT having the device connected.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello gune,

Even though ActiveSync says it is not working, with your PDA connect ignore the ActiveSync screen, just double click My Computer and you should see the Mobile Device icon, if you double click it, it will normally work for you to Explore to your different folders as normal, you should be able to copy and paste files to your PDA, if you copy something to a folder (anything - then just delete it) then most of the time ActiveSync usually comes back to life so that you can sync all your email etc, not sure why but it works for me when I occasionally get this problem.
gune
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: oh god what a messy job is this... Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes oh my god!!!
hi thanks folks, hi lbendlin and pocket gps, thanks again..
after reading lbendlin's advice re: firewall i disabled some relevant firewall both from norton and windows. but machine contnued behave funny. Question
(my last experience using actve sync for cassiopea from casio was v. smoooooth!!! and it was using a p3 old machine.. then some time later i upgraded active sync again for e125 again v.v. smooth..)
so finally i went thru irda port. even it was curious because i had to coax the machine using old casio's ir port Rolling Eyes first to get it going!!!
i do not know why.
as pocket gps says i saw mobile device icon on my computer but id did not fiddle with it.
then within seconds suddenly dell leap in to action and hey presto here it established connection like a lad going after a sexy gal!!

my real problems were not over unfrotunatly.. Crying or Very sad
destinator maps says on pda current maps damaged or erased??
also destinator console says my card only got 52mbs but in one place it says standard maps are .1mb for uk and ireland, and then says under installed maps says 187mb+... Exclamation
i tried map cutting and getting i do not know!!
please help againnnnn Sad
now i am giving up i've been constantly at this since 6pm and now 3.50am Exclamation
bye for now!
p.s.
sorry about this long post, i am really confused and tired now!
pja8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The corrupt destinator happened to me once. It was either the SD card when i put it in did not make good connections or the background programs still running interrupted destinator.

Solution was to switch off, take sd card out, switch back on go to memory prog and running programs then end all, if some refuse to end do a soft reset. Then switch off again put the sd card back in and all should be well.

Do not believe just because the computer gives memory readings or states data is corrupt this is the case, of course it could be but it is more likely the pda has very limited error responses it can give and also a lot of the time the program has just corrupted in its running and no more.
gune
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: hi folks big thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

hi lutz, pocket gps and pj8,
:D thank you v. much for ur advice. sorry about the delay. the thing was i just put the acer n35 in the cupboard till my exams over becuase my wife really fuming and for some part me too cursing acer and destinator...
then i tried it nevertheless it took some time to get a sat fix. so i tried today on road for the very first time, just in the locality. to my surprise it showed me a short cut near to where i live but i did not trust it and didnot took it. however then it showed another short cut which i knew i took it since i knew where i go!
it showed cash machines, and petrol shed on the way...cool. 8)
it was funny uptill i put my home number later today for return journey acer showed the house number just opposite where i lived. Rolling Eyes also it said check antenna saying signal too weak when out in the open with no shade whatever. Rolling Eyes
sound volume is ok.
thanks again for all the support. :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: