Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which Navigation System with traffic information link?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Navigation System with traffic information link?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raphael
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Which Navigation System with traffic information link? Reply with quote

Hi there
I am a total newbie to all this stuff. I have, at one time, owned a GPS system but that was it. Now I travel round the UK a lot on business and am fed up getting lost (hopeles sense of direction !). I also find that I do not seem to enjoy getting caught up in traffic jams.
Therefore, having had cursory look at what is around, I have provisionally settled on a TomTomGo. The questions I therefore have are :-
1) If you had to delve into this area from scratch, would you go for a TomTomGo solution?
2) If the answer to (1) is yes, then should I wait for the new range and which one if the range would you go for and whyl
I would also like to apologise if all this has been covered before but any suggestions that you could give, ideally based on your own experience would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Raphael
Wishlist
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Navigation System with traffic information link? Reply with quote

Raphael wrote:
Hi there
I am a total newbie to all this stuff. I have, at one time, owned a GPS system but that was it. Now I travel round the UK a lot on business and am fed up getting lost (hopeles sense of direction !). I also find that I do not seem to enjoy getting caught up in traffic jams.
Therefore, having had cursory look at what is around, I have provisionally settled on a TomTomGo. The questions I therefore have are :-
1) If you had to delve into this area from scratch, would you go for a TomTomGo solution?
2) If the answer to (1) is yes, then should I wait for the new range and which one if the range would you go for and whyl
I would also like to apologise if all this has been covered before but any suggestions that you could give, ideally based on your own experience would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Raphael

1) Yes (but most of us on here will be somewhat biased!)
And
2) Yes if you want to do the traffic updates as the new ones support Bluetooth to connect to the phone for traffic updates, the old ones do not. Hope that helps. Good luck.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I didn't need a PocketPC then I'd buy a GO. In fact if I had the money I'd buy a GO anyway!

They are the most popular PND for a reason, excellent intuitive interface, and clear display with no need to resort to a manual makes it a popular choice.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Wishlist says, if you want traffic aware navigation, you'll have to wait for the new hardware, as the existing Go doesn't have the necessary Bluetooth hardware.

To my knowledge, the new Go versions are the first 'dedicated' navigation devices with traffic aware navigation. I don't believe the likes of Garmin, Navman and Medion have any traffic aware units.

David
Raphael
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to Wishlist, Darren and DavidW for your comments. I had rather thought that the TomTomGo would be best for my needs but your confirmation is a great help. I guess that I will just have to be patient now and see how much the new units are unless I see a good deal on a current Go.
Thanks again.
Raphael

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: