Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Home Location
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Home Location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldoni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Home Location Reply with quote

Anybody out there in forum land knows how I can reset my home location. I have an IPAQ Rz 1710 with ver 4 Tomtom software. I have tried tech support, they suggested using the change home location icon, this only works once and reverts back to SG5 postcode I entered when setting the system up with my home address. It should have been SG6

Most of the info given by Tech support has turned out not fact. One thing they said was don’t use a bigger memory card as that only screws the info, I would like to have the French map loaded. This means either a bigger 512 card or getting another 128 memory card for loading the French map. Question

Tomtom version is 4.400 (2850)
GPS driver v1.20
Map:GB v390

I would be grateful for any help.

IPAQ Rz 1710
Tomtom version is 5.000 (4890)
GPS driver v1.2
Map:GB Map v562
THIS POST WAS CREATED USING 100% RECYCLED ELECTRONS!!!
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the home location correct even after you've changed it, but the postcode wrong? If so, that's a bug in the postcode data.

If it's not staying changed, the problem may be that you're not exiting the application cleanly - make sure you choose "Exit Application" from the menu before switching off the iPAQ.

If that doesn't solve it, you may need to find the menu option to reset to factory defaults.

I don't believe there's a problem with using a larger memory card, though my copy of Navigator 2004 HP Edition was supplied to me by TomTom on CDs without a memory card and the application itself loads into main memory. I found I can change map SD cards happily, and I can't see why there'd be a problem using a larger memory card (my test memory card is a 1GB SD card). Maybe someone who has a copy of Navigator 2004 HP Edition as supplied with an iPAQ can confirm that there's no problem using a larger SD card they bought.

I presume you're aware that unless you've already purchased a Product Code that includes the European maps, you will have to purchase a Product Code to activate the detailed maps of other countries.

David
goldoni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidW wrote:
snip

I presume you're aware that unless you've already purchased a Product Code that includes the European maps, you will have to purchase a Product Code to activate the detailed maps of other countries.

David

Well that’s not what they told me in Dixons “Yes sir it has the UK map pre-loaded and the French and other European maps on CD as it only comes with a 128Mb card” Stop it!

Thanks for the info, I have tried again to change the home location, but it still held the wrong home location. I then took the SD card out of the Ipaq and set it to read only then changed the home location that works fine.

Thanks again for your time. First

IPAQ Rz 1710
GPS driver v1.2
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your product code may cover the European maps, it may not. What does it say when you enter it into www.ttcode.com (you need go no further than the first stage - don't bother about a device code).

David
goldoni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidW wrote:
Your product code may cover the European maps, it may not. What does it say when you enter it into www.ttcode.com (you need go no further than the first stage - don't bother about a device code).

David

As you stated the code is only for the GB map. I went back to Dixons and spoke to the person who gave me the info, at first he said he would not have said that. So after a few words without shouting my point at what he told me at point of sale he agreed to order the French Tomtom maps with code FOC. I will let you know if they arrive and are compatible with the Ipaq 1710

Thanks again for your time :D

IPAQ Rz 1710
GPS driver v1.2
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a way of getting a pan-European product code for TomTom Navigator 2004 HP Edition - though I don't know how you go about ordering that upgrade.

That's really the upgrade you want - as it will allow you to use all the maps you already have on your four CD set.

David
goldoni
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a phone call from Dixons telling me they had the French maps and key, I picked them up on Tuesday. It was a sealed box of Tomtom navigator 2 maps of Western Europe. Ok I thought it could be updated and the nice man for Dixons stated he had checked that it would work with the HP Ipaq 1710.

Outcome:
Tomtom Nav 2 is not supported and no recent updates available
Tomtom Nav 2 will not work on the HP Ipaq 1710 due to the memory available
What is needed is a change of product code costing about £131.00 which can only be done on the Tomtom website.
I also found out that any memory card needed to hold theEuro maps must be able to read @ 10mb per sec min

So its back to Dixons Rolling Eyes

IPAQ Rz 1710
GPS driver v1.2

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: