Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bugs list
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bugs list
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venompeter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Bugs list Reply with quote

One for a possible bugs list in this forum (not to put people off, but simply to collect together the known problems)

The "welcome to Copilot" sound doesnt respect the phone profiles, so you have to cover the speaker up with your finger if you are going to use it when quiet is required.

Peter
kartracer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not really a bug, but if you want to you could delete the file CPWelcome.wav in the \Windows folder on your Pocket PC, or replace it with something quieter/shorter. That will shut it up. Laughing
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think CoPilot (and TomTom) do force you into Outdoor profile as the application is running.
Venompeter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that.
njsb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did change the settings through options to display 'Speed' rather than 'Destination' above the rotating next turn section. This didn't work nothing above rotating instructions, but has created more screen space for the map.

Would be interested in someone else trying to get Speed displayed.

njsb
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

njsb wrote:
Would be interested in someone else trying to get Speed displayed.

Works for me:

Options, Safety View, Custom Display - Speed
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menu, 9 (Exit)

Brings up the dialling screen.
stuartm
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone managed to get 'Avoid Road' to work?
Venompeter
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re: the suggestion for stopping the "welcome" noise, that seems to be aimed at Pocket PCs, I couldnt find an equivalent on the Smartphone.

Peter
fozzie63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed and am very impressed so far. Bugs/probs I've noticed using with my C500:

1. CoPilot does not keep the phones backlight on.
2. CoPilot does not override the Homescreen timeout, causing you to be dumped back to the homescreen after each timeou period.
3. Voice .wavs have been installed on the phone, despite Storage Card being selected.
4. I've been unable to add a Stop using 'contacts'. If I try, I get "No matches found for that address. Please check your entry". I have checked my contacts and all the address fields have been correctly populated. It's the same for several different contacts too.

Would appreciate any comments to confirm that it's not just me ;)
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fozzie63 wrote:

I don't believe this is a bug, it's more to save on battery power.

fozzie63 wrote:
2. CoPilot does not override the Homescreen timeout, causing you to be dumped back to the homescreen after each timeou period.

Unsure if this can be turned on/off by an app, but I'll check.

fozzie63 wrote:
3. Voice .wavs have been installed on the phone, despite Storage Card being selected.

Common problem with PPC version also!

fozzie63 wrote:
4. I've been unable to add a Stop using 'contacts'. If I try, I get "No matches found for that address. Please check your entry". I have checked my contacts and all the address fields have been correctly populated. It's the same for several different contacts too.

It's possible that some of the addresses aren't formulated correctly. Try entering these addresses manually in CoPilot and see if it finds it. I suspect it won't, and that's why it's having a problem.
fozzie63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Dave.

Dave wrote:
fozzie63 wrote:

I don't believe this is a bug, it's more to save on battery power.

Understood. At least a voice announcement causes the backlight to come back on. However, I think there should be an option in CoPilot to 'Keep backlight on'.

Dave wrote:
fozzie63 wrote:

Unsure if this can be turned on/off by an app, but I'll check.

Thanks.

Dave wrote:
fozzie63 wrote:

Common problem with PPC version also!

Any idea if they're going to fix this one? Any reg edits to temporarily fix? I couldn't see any entries in the registry.

Dave wrote:
fozzie63 wrote:

It's possible that some of the addresses aren't formulated correctly. Try entering these addresses manually in CoPilot and see if it finds it. I suspect it won't, and that's why it's having a problem.

Hmmm, I've had done a little more experimentation but not getting too far. e.g. I have an address that has all fields correctly filled out but errors as above. If I try and enter number, street & postcode in CoPilot I also get the same error. If however, I enter number, street & town, then it matches ok?! I've checked the full address and postcode on the Royal Mail site and all is correct. Any ideas?

TIA.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fozzie63 wrote:
Any idea if they're going to fix this one? Any reg edits to temporarily fix? I couldn't see any entries in the registry.

WAV files installing to main memory is one of Lutz's pet peeves, and he does keep drumming it into ALK, so hopefully this will change.

fozzie63 wrote:
Hmmm, I've had done a little more experimentation but not getting too far. e.g. I have an address that has all fields correctly filled out but errors as above. If I try and enter number, street & postcode in CoPilot I also get the same error. If however, I enter number, street & town, then it matches ok?! I've checked the full address and postcode on the Royal Mail site and all is correct. Any ideas?

TIA.

Don't enter all the information, try minimal information like town and street name. It's possible that the NAVTEQ maps don't have the information on house numbers for the streets you are trying and that may be causing a problem.
fozzie63
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Don't enter all the information, try minimal information like town and street name. It's possible that the NAVTEQ maps don't have the information on house numbers for the streets you are trying and that may be causing a problem.

That's the weird thing. It's ok with number, street and town but not with postcode instead of town!?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's quite possible that with postcode it doesn't have the link back and that's causing confusion and not letting you search.

5 digit Postcode will take you down town level, sometimes sub-town level, so it may have a street it thinks is in sub town A when it's really in sub town B and that's causing postcodes not to work.

TBH, Contact integration is something that hasn't worked properly in all applications, because it does require 100% accuracy. Most companies tend to have a house name not number and this won't get picked up and will fail with most address lookup facilities, so contact integration so you'll probably find that most application will only work around 40% of the time when doing contact integration lookups. I avoid doing this in all applications and do manual searches.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: