Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Enabling WAAS in CoPilot (Emtac) Receiver
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Enabling WAAS in CoPilot (Emtac) Receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rubberman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Enabling WAAS in CoPilot (Emtac) Receiver Reply with quote

Hello, I am a new visitor to Pocket GPS World and I would like to ask for help concerning my new GPS system. First, my GPS consists of a CoPilot (Emtac) bluetooth GPS receiver and an HP Hx4705 PDA with CoPilot 5 GPS software. I have succeeded in pairing the devices together and, basically, everything is working fine. However, I am not pleased with the accuracy of the receiver. I think it is off about 150 - 200 ft. I know that shouldn't affect my primary use which is driving, but I just like things accurate. Getting to the point, I downloaded the Emtac Crux_View software from their website and I'm ready to make my receiver WAAS capable in hopes of improving the accuracy. At the last minute, however, I got cold feet and backed off making changes to the receiver because I really didn't know what I was doing and thought I might damage it. That's why I'm here looking for some help to "walk" me through the process of making this WAAS capable. Is there tutorial that has been written or has anyone had experience with the Emtac Crux_View software that might be able to help me? Thanks in advance.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no tutorial but the settings are really simple. Set the SBAS to auto, and hit apply - that's all.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Rubberman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz,

Thanks for your help. Now that I have my hipboots on I'd like to go into deeper water. Would I gain any accuracy by switching to SiRF protocol? and would that protocol be compatible with CoPilot 5 software? Also, as you can see I'm just learning about GPS and if you can suggest any articles that have been written on your website that would help. ...teach a man to fish and he'll never go hungry. Thanks again and best regards.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend against switching to SiRF. The advantages are minor (better usage of the serial line) but there are not many programs that actually speak SiRF. Don't bother. Accuracy is not affected.

As for the articles - we have a few on our site - go ahead and read the reviews. Any particular question - come back here and we try to help out.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Rubberman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you once again, Lutz. I'll keep reading and learning.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: