Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom mobile - TomTom BT GPS lockup
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom mobile - TomTom BT GPS lockup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bb193
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: TomTom mobile - TomTom BT GPS lockup Reply with quote

I'm having a problem with my TomTom Mobile running on an SP3 (C500) occasionally failing to 'see' the TomTom BT GPS unit.

When this happens, the only thing I can do is to factory reset the phone and reinstall everything. It then works for a while, until it fails again. Sad

Does anyone have experience of the same problem? Does anyone have any good ideas?

It normally happens when I am in a hurry, so I just do the reset. However, this morning it did it, and I have spent the rest of the morning trying to fix it. No luck.
1) I have done all the switch off and on thing.
2) I tried deleting the BT GPS unit and re-installing it manually.
3) I have tried to remove TomTom so I can reinstall it, by removing the BT GPS device, deleting the registry items from HKLM\software\TomTom, deleting the TomTom shortcut. I wish there was an 'uninstall'. When I try to re-install it, TomTom seems to still think it is installed, and so doesn't go through the install process.

When I first transferred this from my E200 (copying down the Traffic update from the TT site and putting it on a 512M mini-SD), I put it on an SP3i. I had this problem occasionally, so I then swapped with a colleague, and I now have it on an SP3. Same problem.

Any ideas?
[/list]
bb193
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have it working again.

Looking at items on this forum, I deleted the BT device, and before I reinstated it, I ticked both Incoming and outgoing ports in the BT setup (I had just been ticking the Outgoing). After re-instating the BT device, tomtom seems to work OK. I can even remove the tick on Incoming and it works fine.

Still don't know why this happens, particularly when I am the only person I know who has this problem, and the only person I know who is using a genuine TomTom BT device.
bb193
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I think I have found a slightly better way to beat this.

If I delete the BT GPS device and also untick the 'outgoing port' in BT configuration, then when I run TomTom, it appears to go through the re-installation process. It does all the flickering timer thing and puts the red text at the bottom of the screen saying 'please switch your phone off and on to complete configuration'. After doing this, it seems to be fine.

I still don't know why it fails like this, but if this works next time it fails (and I don't have to go back to factory defaults) I'll be quite content.
Smile
Thanks for listening.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: