Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Bluetooth problem on iPAQ 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Bluetooth problem on iPAQ 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:10 am    Post subject: Bluetooth problem on iPAQ 2210 Reply with quote

Hello all,

I quite often get the following error message on my iPAQ 2210 when I try to turn on BT:

"The Bluetooth Radio failed to turn ON due to insufficient driver memory available" You must perform a normal reset before you can turn ON the Bluetooth Radio"

When I follow the advice to reset the unit, it does work, but I'm wondering why this happens so often. I've never had a lot of programs running on the unit that should consume a lot of memory. I have downloaded the BT patch from HP to my iPAQ.

Any hints regarding this would be appreciated!
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should have mentioned that I'm running Navman SmartST V2 on my PDA. However I don't think the navigation program is causing my problem but rather the BT driver in WM2003. The problem seems to come when I start up the system after a previous successful BT connection. I therefore suspect that WM2003 fails to close down the previous BT connection properly. Does anyone share my suspicion?
educatedmonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
i just bought a 2210, i have a fortuna clip-on bluetooth receiver and i am using tt3.

this error just happened again which brought it to mind.

When i got my 2210 i put PocketPlus on it, the default action bacame close for all windows (as opposed to minimise). This stuffed the blue tooth manger i.e blue tooth connections were lost when the connection manager was closed). After a few attempts to connect to my gps i got the same out of memory error message.

After a soft reset it worked fine. i changed the default for PocketPlus back to minimise and now i don't get this error. You can set exceptions in PP for applications but i wasn't sure what the app was called to add it as a exception.

If its got nothing to do with Pockey Plus i'd be intrested to know what is goin on...
educatedmonkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
i just added BTConnManagerCE.exe to my pocketplus close on tap exceptions list, seemed to fix the problem of bluetooth being killed when it os closed.
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi "educatedmonkey" :D

I must admit I'm not familiar with PocketPlus. Is it a shareware product or do I need to purchase it somewhere?

One thing that I intend to test is to disconnect the PDA from the GPS receiver (from the BT Manager) before I close down the navigation program. As for today the BT connection seems to go down automatically when I close the GPS connection in Navman SmartST. Maybe this way of cutting BT leaves some stuff running which consumes memory...
Could be that my guess is completely wrong but it's worth a shot. Would be interesting to hear a comment from more users about this problem, since it must have happened to more then us two.

Regards,

Ulf
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall having a similar problem with Bluetooth but it was quite few months ago.
I can't remember exactly what I did to cure it but it hasn't happened since.

What I do remember is installing an old Bluetooth update specifically for the 2210. this could have been the cure Exclamation as it states:
'Fixes a problem where the device needed a Normal Reset after being turned off while transferring data via SPP, for example, while connected to a Bluetooth GPS device.'

Anyway, further info can be found in this thread and some user results after installation.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pocket Plus is a commercial product from Spb Software House. I like it a lot, and use all its features on my iPAQ hx4700.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: