Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - peripheralcorner.co.uk oh dear
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

peripheralcorner.co.uk oh dear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ukp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: peripheralcorner.co.uk oh dear Reply with quote

On Sunday 7th November I placed an order for Navigon 4 GPS+B+TMC via peripheralcorner.co.uk as they appeared to be generally thought well of and a sponsor of this site.

On Tuesday their website claimed my order was "Pending" so I rang them up. First I get the excuse they had a power cut on Monday and therefore no orders were processed, then they said they may have problems with the TMC so would call me back. No call back on Tuesday. No call back on Wednesday morning so I call them. Now they say the price on the website may have been incorrect and they couldnt decide whether to charge me extra (they had taken the money on Sunday evening so I dont see how this could be legal). I was promised a call back within an hour. No call back. So I rang them on the afternoon and cancelled the order. Was promised the refund would happen almost straightaway.

Fast forward 6 days, still no refund. I call them up. "I need to get the sales guy to do the refund, will call you back within 30 minutes". Guess what.... they didnt call. So I call them back for the 4th time explaining my displeasure so far, "Don't know who you spoke to" I was informed, refund being done whilst on the phone he says.

Fast forward another 6 days (today) and no refund so far. I've spoken to my Card Issuer (yesterday via secure email) who are now in the process of whatever they do for disputed items.

I am very disappointed with peripheralcorner and would never ever use them again. Has to be the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to use on the internet.
Rocksroy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: navigon Reply with quote

I looked into this system but i was told that TMC was not enabled for Navigon yet. They had the hardware but weren't setting up the tmc service
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TMC is a sore thumb kinda issue. Everyone figured that as TMC is FTA (Free To Air) in the UK that it wouldn't be a problem using the TMC data feed. However, iTiS have come back wanting an approx £50 one off license fee for each individual who uses their data. This means that Navigon, and other companies that are planning or are using the iTiS data to go back to the drawing board before they officially release the product in the UK.
peripheral
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not agree with a number of issues raised in the posting ref our service on a P.O. for Navigon. The original online payment and the refund made on the 16th November both were delayed as they failed some of the security rules on our payment gateway.

Yes , we did have a query regarding the cost of the TMC service due to the introduction of an annual license fee which we were not originally aware of. However , any additional costs would have been discussed with the customer and she was offered the option to cancel the order.

Customers are frequently not aware that credit card issuers often take several days to refund their account,particularly if the refund does not comply with all the securuty checks.
ukp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peripheral wrote:
We do not agree with a number of issues raised in the posting ref our service on a P.O. for Navigon. The original online payment and the refund made on the 16th November both were delayed as they failed some of the security rules on our payment gateway.

This I was told, I was also told it would take 10 working days for the refund to reach me! Have I received it? hah

peripheral wrote:
Yes , we did have a query regarding the cost of the TMC service due to the introduction of an annual license fee which we were not originally aware of. However , any additional costs would have been discussed with the customer and she was offered the option to cancel the order.

Actually, I was offered the opportunity to pay the extra 50 pounds or you would not honour the order. But then on the next call you couldn't decide what to actually do. As I am sure you are aware, the sale of goods act makes it clear that a contract is made when you take the money for an offer to buy. In this case, you took my near 400pounds at the time of order.

peripheral wrote:
Customers are frequently not aware that credit card issuers often take several days to refund their account,particularly if the refund does not comply with all the securuty checks.

And neither is your Managing Director who too found this bit of information a surprise when I spoke to him last week.

I have been very patient so far with this fiasco, but after reading the above, I am disappointed even more. You can't even accept you have messed up big time (I am not talking about the navigon side, I mean the refund). It's excuses after excuses.

I have nothing further to add except to say that the card issuer has confirmed that when the 30th day has elapsed since the original transaction they will issue a chargeback against you. At least then I will actually get my near 400 pounds back.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Everyone figured that as TMC is FTA (Free To Air) in the UK that it wouldn't be a problem using the TMC data feed. However, iTiS have come back wanting an approx £50 one off license fee for each individual who uses their data.
What I don't understand is that historically iTIS have been happy to charge TeleAtlas and Navtech a license fee for each user who needs to use the TMC data which they have passed onto the SatNav makers as part of providing the mapping. iTIS now seem to want another payment, so one should question what the first license fee was for, and why everyone with a TMC system built into their car by the manufacturer is still only being charged for the update CD and not a one off fee.

However, this isn't the place...
ukp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There doesn't seem to be the ability to edit or delete postings.

I don't wish to make my problem with periphercorner.co.uk into a public disagreement match, so will refrain from making any more postings on the subject after this reply. My apologies to others for clogging up the forum.
hairycornflake
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: GREAT SERVICE THANK YOU NICK AND THE STAFF INVOLVED Reply with quote

Well what can i say i phoned this company on wednesday night around 4.30pm to place a order for copilot live 5 uk spoke to a very nice man on the other end of the phone nick was his name first of he explained the name change as this was making me abit scary as to order but rest assured this was explained to me

so nick also explained i was calling the expensive number and gave me the other number to call this i did

so i placed my order and was told i may have missed the deadline but they would try and have it lifted

so after paying for this item via visa electron

not many of the major gps companys take electron or american express now so this was great for me as iam not realy a plastic man so all was well item was orderd so sat back and waited for it to come

but there was a slight problem with my details so i got a call from nick on the wednesday morning about it and it was all sorted via the phone

so on friday morning the copilot arrived via DHL at 9am

now i went online and checked if payment had been takenfrom my bank yet and it was not so what more can i say

first time using this company and i would use it again for the fact of being abble to use VISA ELECTRON and the great service in sorting out things and to send out the item before payment how many of the big companys would do this most have your money right before your offline or still on the phone

so to sum up first time using company and will use again unless they take electron of there site

thank you mr kelly

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: