Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Navigator for Plam T3...help !
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Navigator for Plam T3...help !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilbem1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: TT Navigator for Plam T3...help ! Reply with quote

I have just purchases TT3 for Plam T3 with the Bluetooth package and so far have:

- Installed TT3 Nav and activated the program...
- Installed TT Nav update v4.40...
- Added the excellent PGPS POI's (Safety Cameras)...OK
- my Palm T3 found the BT GPS receiver and it is installed as a trusted deivice.. so far OK
- driven round for 1/2 hour trying to get a response from the receiver

....However all I get is a solid blue LED and a flashing Green LED with the message 'Waiting for a valid GPS signal'....is the GPS unit faulty or have I missed some configuration step/setting ?

..any help will be gratefully received Confused
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't drive, and put the receiver outside the car. Make sure it's got a clear view of the sky not obscured by tower blocks or trees. You may have an athermic windscreen. Driving will only make the fix take longer, it's best to do it when stationary.

Once you do this if the GPS requires a factory fix, then it can take around 15 mins to obtain this, but in most cases a factory fix isn't required so no more than 3 mins should suffice.
gilbem1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave..

Once again thanks for the time you took to reply to a newbie's confusion. Following my post I have had the unit outside with clear sky for 3 hours but still only a flashing green light. The unit has gone back today, but what a dissapointment to have a failed unit straight out of the box!...still the upside is having spent a lot of time in the trawling through this excellent forum, I at least feel I know a lot more about GPS than if the unit had worked 1st time !
calum
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed of response was only due to the fact that I was logged on when you sent your post....

My only other thought on your problem is to ensure the GPS receiver is fully charged or at least on charge when you are using it. But I'm sure you have already checked that....

Calum
gilbem1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom advice on GPS receiver reset ! Reply with quote

I attach a response from Tom Tom re: resetting their receivers when a fault occurs. Unfortunately I can't validate if this works, as mine was in the post for replacement when I received this. Hope it helps in the future though !

[/img]
Quote:
Thank you for the feedback,Please allow the battery in the Bluetooth GPS to go completely flat (empty).then using the indoor charger please charge the GPS for 2 hours.
This will reset the GPS.If however after doing this the blue lamp still will
not flash you will need to have the unit replaced if in warranty at our expense,

Please advise us and we can start the exchange process for you

We hope to have answered your question to your satisfaction.
With best regards,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: