Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - planning mode
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

planning mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: planning mode Reply with quote

tonight i tried to plan atrip from york to an address in london, on completion the destination was shown but the route egg timer did not appear and the route and itinery were missing.( Just a blank map and route screen. anyone any ideas as to why this feature doesn't work. I have cp5 on a 2210
Thanks
Col
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like no-one else has this problem?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did notice this once and it was when I was planning a trip indoors and the GPS signal was marginal and just when I hit DONE I lost the GPS fix so it didn't at that point know for sure where I was, so it couldn't compute the trip.
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave, I emailed ALK three days ago, yet to receive an acknowledgement let alone reply. I have tried planning both indoors and outdoors using gps and with gps switched off. I am able to input data but when i hit the 'get directions' nothing happens, I get a blank map which could be anywhere and a blank screen under the itinery. I cant figure what is going on. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the prog. still wont work.
I have the update from alk installed.

I thought i had bought the bees knees of pda based navs when i got cp5, I am getting more disillusioned with it day by day, If i can't plan a trip it is u/s to me. I want to go to a few places in Europe very soon and need to be able to plan.

Perhaps I need to start looking at another system?
Regards
Col
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I assumed incorrectly that you had already had it working it was just a one off glitch.

I'm assuming now that this is the first time you've had it working ?

If so, then you probably haven't downloaded the map to the Storage card. You probably installed CoPilot with Speech (either TTS or WAV) but haven't then run CoPilot on the PC and used the data download wizard to save the maps to storage card.

Did you go for the CD version or QuickStart card when you bought this ?
lexuscol
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, an update to my problem.

Everything is installed OK even the recent patches for cp5. I now have the solution to my snag with planning a trip. Thank's to yourself and another nice & friendly guy from ALK technical. Most of the snag was down to pilot error on my part and a small part due to a lack of clarity in the CP5 instructions.

I was assuming that planning mode used the same format that you would use for guidance mode when entering data. Not so. for guidance you put the address your going to and cp5 automatically works out the IP(initial point) through the GPS signal and plots the route.

In planning mode you have to tell the prog your IP even if you have GPS up and running. this means the first address is where you are and the second and subsequent addresses are where you are going. Once you have entered your data and you select get directions lo and behold the thing works.

Hope this helps anyone else who comes across the same frustrating snag which almost had me on valium and almost had CP5 navigating its way to the tip in a dustbin.

Thanks once again to all. As Arnie says "I'll be back" cos I am bound to want to find out other things being a total tyro to sat nav.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I wrongly assumed you had entered both, prob my fault. You do need to plot departure and destination in planning mode.

I always stay in Guidance and enter a New Trip then address and providing you have a sat signal you should be good to go. This is what I always use as my preferred entry for address.
eckie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Planning mode Reply with quote

I have just returned from a round trip from Inverness to Cornwall taking in Wales and East as far as York. Copilot 5 worked extremely well but if you do extensive planning whether connected to the gps or not memory is used up and I experienced the symptoms you describe. A soft reset did the trick. I had two lock-ups in over 2000 miles and after reading the forums I believe this was also memory loss. I will install the update and see if this helps. I would like to add that it took me to the door of relatives in Cardiff, Telford etc. Overall good performance.

Alex

Globalsat 308, Ipaq 2210

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: