Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tuition on Memory-Map. Autoroute and a Garmin GPS 111?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tuition on Memory-Map. Autoroute and a Garmin GPS 111?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BML
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Tuition on Memory-Map. Autoroute and a Garmin GPS 111? Reply with quote

I have Autoroute, Memory-Map and a Garmin GPS 111 and no how to use none of them very well. In fact not at all well.
Does anyone know of any place where I could obtain tuition for these modern wonders preferably in the Oxford area. I would be very happy to pay for such tuition.
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BML,

I don’t know where you can get training in Oxford, you may want to try the phone book however I would have though that most places will only deal in mainstream software like MS word etc.

We can try and help you in this forum for free Wink , but we’ll need a bit more information:
Arrow What versions of each piece of software do you have?
Arrow Do you have the software on PC, PPC (Pocket PC), or both?
Arrow If on PPC what is the unit?
Arrow What do you have the software for, e.g. if you want it for walking do you have any associates who walk and who also have the same software?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
BML
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My computer is an Atlas with an AMD Duron 857 MHz processor with 512 of RAM and I am running Windows XP. It has two Ports. 1 and 2.
I have AutoRoute 2002 and MemoryMap 2004 (2)
I am writing a guide to caravan sites with a view of the sea in Britain and I have found 400 so far building a table showing the O.S grid reference, Site name, Adress and postal town.
From this information I built a route in AutoRoute and I would like to transfer the grid refrences to memory-Map so that I can call it up when I want greater detail than AutoRoute shows.
Someone did try to help me but I am afraid that I am not very computer literate which ios why transfering the data from AutoRout to the GPS and then from the GPS to Memory-Map seemed a good idea.
I only discovered the GPS when I was half way through my guide but only used it to find out where I was when I got lost. When I start out round the coast again next spring I will buy what I hope is a more effective GPS and I have been advised that should be a TomTom Go. I hope that it right but I am opent to sugestions.
Brian L
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brian,

I would use POI Converter, which was written by Richard (Oldie on the forum). POI Converter can take a number of file formats and convert them into ones that can be used by MS AutoRoute, and also into other formats that can be used by Memory-Map. Click on the above link to be taken to the web page of POI Converter.

I would use POI Converter to create the files for AutoRoute and Memory-Map, and then if possible use Memory-Map to transfer the data to the GPS unit.

You could in the future buy a PDA based SatNav system running TomTom Navigator and then use POI Converter to create a POI (Points of Interest) file that can be used by the software, so that you can navigate to any one of the Caravan sites. If you want a single all-in-one unit then you could use TomTom Go, which can also use the same POI file.

You can download a POI of the Caravan Club sites from the PocketGPS World website, here, and use it as an example as I think it only has 189 Caravan Club sites.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: