Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - help dropped 2210
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

help dropped 2210

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pasty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: help dropped 2210 Reply with quote

I have dropped my 2210. Luckily it fell on something soft. But I still have a problem. It did a total reset I lost all except I had done a backup to my CF card. I did a a restore & it said now do a soft reset to start it up .
Problem is it has been doing a sft reset for 15 mins now & it will not shut off.
Help
Hunnymonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you change the regional settings to match them as they were when the backup was taken ?
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you have lost everything, if it is stuck on the soft reset screen, try removing the battery, reinsert it and perform another soft reset to reactivate it.
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
nej
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have TomTom? TomTom frequently goes wrong when doing a restore, and the PDA sits on the starting screen (The blue bar goes all the way across and then sits there.).

The solution is to hard-reset again, then don't restore the TTBTDEV.DLL file (in the \Windows folder) when doing the restore. This will then make it restore, but if you have a bluetooth GPS then you won't be able to use it...
pasty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: dropped 2210 Reply with quote

Yes I do have Tom tom. I will try what you have recomended & see what happens. I have been in touch with HP support , they are going to collect & repair on Tuesday, but it means 7 days without my highly valued toy. Still under garantee. I do not know what they will do. But if your way sorts it I will cancel the pickup as they are very fond of blaming something else.

Oh, I am wired & not bluetooth so all should go well. I will keep you posted if all works out
Do I delete this file (TTBTDEV.DLL) from windows on my CF card or just cut it while I do the restore & replace it after to the CF card?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use ActiveSync backup ? If so, avoid it like the plague. It can screw up on doing a restore. Sprite Backup is much more reliable (although it still has the odd hiccup) but much more reliable than ActiveSync and other backups.

I'm not too sure it's a hardware fault (even though it was dropped). Is it constantly stuck in doing a reset ? If so, try pressing the stylus into the soft reset whole a few times.

If that doesn't work, perform a hard reset!

Restoring can be a problem because IF you had TomTom ~ GPS installed then this will not restore properly (another reason why I tell people to remove this little ). It may have just been a bit of a glitch on restore rather than backup, so try hard resetting and restoring again. If you get the same problem but after a hard reset the 2210 is fine, then there's a problem with the backup.
pasty
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: 2210 dropped Reply with quote

I have not as yet involved activsync. I am at work & that is at home. I have been restoring direct via my CF card . Yes the PCC does work fine If I do not use TOmTom after the restore. It does freeze up when I use Tomtom. I am using 1g sandisc card. I have been told that I cannot reinstall Tomtom again for another 6months from disc. If this is not true, at least I could do a reinstall & start again?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: